Sherminator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest in peace Sherm !

Rest in peace Sherm !

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:30pm javaqueen said:
Hello all:

According to her obituary, Lori passed away 8/21. Yesterday.

She battled breast cancer and never wanted anyone really to know. It looked like she had beat it back, but General Cancer won. She was upset when she couldn't do the birthday.

Sherm and I must have emailed each other back and forth millions of times.. She was such a sweet, giving person. She would always ask my opinion on things. I lost track of her when my life went off track and was deeply saddened when I learned of the return. We were on several watch forums together. I would get these emails. "So Whatdya Think?"

She loved birds, chocolate and The Walking Dead.

May her memory be eternal.

Thank you for the greater detail. I remember Sherm fondly in her occasional postings on WG, but did not have any kind of personal relationship with her. Nevertheless, I feel we are all diminished by her absence. So, again, thank you for sharing this information with the rest of us.

Rest in peace Sherm !

Rest in peace Sherm !

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:03pm gman66 said:

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:51pm socrates said:
I think I remember her. She lived in southern California and had a son or two? I believe she had a place close to Camp Pendleton. I remember her saying how young the Marines looked . It was in a sad way. She had a Peacick she was very attached to. She was very friendly and had reached out to me and others especially with health issues. I am angry that the collapse of wg separated me her and other friends. Some of you are here but others are lost until we meet again when we are called home.

Rest in peace Sherm God loves you.

She lived in Philly, Paul. She had step children, but none of her own.
You may be thinking of red ryder.
smiley.png

God you are right! I do remember Sherm. I am non the less sad nor less angry about us all being cast into the wind with the collapse of wg. Thanks for correcting me.

Rest in peace Sherm !

Rest in peace Sherm !

Sherm was the Ambassador of Birthdays at WG. RIP

Sherminator

Very sad. Our thoughts and prayers are with her!

Sherminator

Rest in peace! Sorry to hear that, well wishes and prayers for her family and loved ones :'(

Sherminator

My condolences to her family and friends. She will be missed.

Sherminator

I posted in the other thread because I didn't see this one first.
No matter: our dear sherm was worthy of more than one post. Yeah, she was sherminator here, but people best knew her as Sherm.

For years we exchanged emails first about watches, then about everything under the sun.
We discussed women's watches, exchanged forum gossip and reminisced about pets. And yeah, we even debated. Sometimes fiercely.
I went through some incredible stuff and she always tried to cheer me up. Likewise, cancer, Lori had faced some serious obstacles (apart from cancer) and that--not her age--made me weep when I learned that she was gone.

She loved birds, flowers (she was trained in horticulture), chocolate and The Walking Dead.

She spent a total of 21,663 days on the planet. Now she sleeps forever.

Rest in peace, my friend

You will be missed.
Java

Sherminator

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the star-shine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave bereft
I am not there. I have not left.

-Mary Elizabeth Frye

Sherminator

Very sad news. I only knew Sherminator very little as a passing acquaintance here and at WGs. I am sorry for those who were close to her and her family.

This Is a Rememberance of Sherminator

This Is a Rememberance of Sherminator

Allot may remember my friend Sherminator, Lori, Laura, Sherm. She was friends with allot here and did the birthdays annoucements. To my belief she is no longer with us but will always be loved and remembered. I miss her. Her birthday was Jan 1st.

She was a joy and always was willing to make other feel great about life in general. She is missed tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom