Omega

you must've been very good this year! A planet ocean is special, I hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Congratulations on this fine acquisition! This is one of those watches that sets the 'dabblers' apart from the true collectors, and not just because it's a high-priced timepiece; everything about this Omega sets it apart, from its superb appearance to its amazing performance, and even its pedigree comes into play. For years, my Dad, an attorney who was doing very well and gaining an excellent reputation, wanted an Omega automatic watch. Finally, after a few years of hemming and hawing, he at last took the jump, and got himself an amazing Seamaster de Ville, and things really did change for him. People with whom he worked closely noticed his new watch, and their perceptions and attitudes changed, albeit slightly. Now, it's not like they didn't like him before he got the watch, but it was more an acknowledgement that he had somehow, very quietly, upped his game and moved upward in their estimation.

Is that fair? Perhaps not, but I saw it myself at the time, and was truly amazed. And the point of this novella? Just to point out the additional pride and éclat you will feel when you put on a super-fine watch like this one. And I'm finally done yammering at you, except to say, once more, CONGRATULATIONS on acquiring this truly superlative timepiece! Enjoy it every chance you can, mon ami!

Congratulations on this beauty...
its_okay_to_say_merry_christmas_to_me_sticker-r959eef95b9be4d5ab38a94b593ab5d25_v9wth_8byvr_512.jpg

Back
Top Bottom