The lag

gman66

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
Much better, Steve. It may take a while to work all the bugs out. In the past, when we clicked on a forum we would see all the threads listed. We could also see which threads we had already posted in. This saved the time of scrolling through a thread to see if we had already posted. I don't see that any more. Am I just not seeing it? If not, can that feature be added? I know you're busy just trying to get things working right. This is just something to think about once you get a breather. Thanks for your efforts, boss!

edit: it took 55 seconds from the time I hit the post button for the above to show up

Much better, Steve. It may take a while to work all the bugs out. In the past, when we clicked on a forum we would see all the threads listed. We could also see which threads we had already posted in. This saved the time of scrolling through a thread to see if we had already posted. I don't see that any more. Am I just not seeing it? If not, can that feature be added? I know you're busy just trying to get things working right. This is just something to think about once you get a breather. Thanks for your efforts, boss!

edit: it took 55 seconds from the time I hit the post button for the above to show up

It's all still there Gary. If you click on a forum it still shows all the threads. You might have to click through a few pages and you can set up your page view in your user profile for how many threads are shown before it goes to another page. ( It's listed under user settings and is called "Post per Page".

The threads you have posted in will have a little green dot in the corner of the icon.

Threads with new post will turn the speech bubble blue.

It's all still there Gary. If you click on a forum it still shows all the threads. You might have to click through a few pages and you can set up your page view in your user profile for how many threads are shown before it goes to another page. ( It's listed under user settings and is called "Post per Page".

The threads you have posted in will have a little green dot in the corner of the icon.

Threads with new post will turn the speech bubble blue.

Thanks, Steve. I guess it's my weakened eyes that can't see the green dot. I'll figure something out.

Sorry to waste your time, Steve. I've increased the text size to 120%, and now can see the green dot. Losing sight hasn't been fun, but I keep finding ways to deal with it. And everything is faster now, with a minimal lag when posting!

I am experiencing a long lag whenever I go to different threads and it takes a long time before a thread will open. Is it my computer or the website?

It was better for a while, but the lag is back big time. We must be driving Steve nuts.

After clicking on a forum or topic, getting 28 - 42 second lag.

That is way too long!!! Back to the drawing board. vBulletin has logged in and determined it's a hosting issue. Host doesn't know enough to correct the problem. Time to find another hosting company.

Yeah, I'm getting mixed results. Some fast connections, some slow. No consistency.

:no:I know Steve is doing the best he can, & God Bless him fo all he has done, but the term “The Lag” is a bit of an understatement.:oops:

>>>Gary....How are you getting around?:think:

I see posts & threads by you more than anybody:jump:

All I am getting is Nowhere Fast:foot:

Hey! I think Steve just applied a Fix!!!!:up:

Thanx Steve!!:man:

Back
Top Bottom