Tyme Warper
Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member
https://www.bizjournals.com/twinciti...Vps7MpRrImvAyE

By Carter Jones – Digital Producer, Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal
Apr 3, 2020, 4:10pm EDT

IMedia Brands Inc., the company that runs home-shopping network ShopHQ, is cutting 108 jobs.

The Eden Prairie-based company cites significant and unforeseeable business circumstances, including market and financial impacts of COVID-19 in the decision, according to a notification of the layoffs to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.

IMedia previously announced a restructuring in January that saved $15 million annually, including $10.5 million in salaries and benefits.

The company is Minnesota's 37th-largest public company with roughly $535 million in revenue.

It's always a shame to see anyone losing their jobs. With all that is going on it seems this is becoming the new normal. Hopefully many will be able to resume many of their old positions, but lost lives can't be restored. As far as this company goes, they have been on shaky ground for a long time now and employees should have seen the writing on the wall.

It's like the wife who has been slowly poisoning her husband. Finally coming to a slow ,agonizing end. They are finally getting to the end and this time Eyal can't ride in with a yellow cape and save them. I feel bad because they are based in my state and I hate to see people lose their jobs.

I read that if the government doesn't bail out the USPS this time like the airlines, cruise ships & car makers the mail will next to be shut down :(

Went for five days without masks or gloves. Finally late Saturday they got a few packs of each. No hand sanitizer. Plus many of my co-workers are still in each others face acting like everything is normal. At least they finally this week put up some plexi-glass sneeze guards for our clerks. I feel good out on the street as I'm out alone for the most part. My employers say the right things but trust me they aren't on top of this not by a long shot. I feel worse for people like grocery cashiers and all first responder's and health care workers as they have people in their face all day long. Still my wife who's a carrier and I are getting pretty stressed out and feel like it's a matter of time before one of us get's ill. At least the customers though have been really appreciative of us and that does feel pretty good to know they care about their fellow man.

Back
Top Bottom