Hello from Dexter, NY

Happy to see you join our family of WiT's & enjoy your Tyme here.:shake:

It's a wonderful world, the watch world, and no better place to enjoy it, than this wonderful place. Thanks for joining! WELCOME!

Any particular direction of watchery in which you plan to dip?

Well Sir, I have that old Citizen that I've been playing with. Got it working (clean battery terminals, common sense?) now have to try to put the second hand back on without ruining it. I may just go without, put a band on it and wear it. I don't really care what second it is anyhoo. :)

I bought, then sold an Orient Flight 1st gen and am wearing a Seiko 007 in excellent condition that I received as partial payment for a cheap guitar. I have a Dan Henry 1964 Panda in the mail and am eyeballing various models from Hamilton, Glycine, Oris...and of course Omega. That's my Holy Grail - almost any Omega! :D

IMG_0580-1.jpeg

Well Sir, I have that old Citizen that I've been playing with. Got it working (clean battery terminals, common sense?) now have to try to put the second hand back on without ruining it. I may just go without, put a band on it and wear it. I don't really care what second it is anyhoo. :)

I bought, then sold an Orient Flight 1st gen and am wearing a Seiko 007 in excellent condition that I received as partial payment for a cheap guitar. I have a Dan Henry 1964 Panda in the mail and am eyeballing various models from Hamilton, Glycine, Oris...and of course Omega. That's my Holy Grail - almost any Omega! :D

Very awesome that you're savvy to crack open a watch and work on it. I had a few misadventures in that area, haha. I remember my first effort to do a simple battery change. Didn't realize the little bracket was spring loaded, and, after it ejected at warp speed, in a high arc over my shoulder, I spent the next two hours combing my carpet for the tiny little piece.

And, yes, seconds are highly overrated, haha!

You and me both on an Omega! Definitely on my wish list as well, some year, if ever. I have been happy in the affordables realm for a long time, and certainly some great stuff to be had. I only recently discovered the joys of Seiko. A fine looking speciman you have there.

Great Ducati mug, as well.

As the years have passed, I did jump up on a few buys, including an Oris, and, IMHO, it's the most bang for buck I've ever spent, for a "nicer" watch. Very nearly scratches the Seamaster itch. I'm always amazed at watches for less cost that are so brilliant, and I wind up forever wondering if it makes sense to spend more, but then I remember that this nutty passion makes little sense anyway, haha.

Will be great to see the DH Panda when it arrives. Such a classic design. :up:

Back
Top Bottom