SISTEM51 - THE MECHANICAL REVOLUTION OF SWATCH

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
lp-header_sistem51_1280x400_20181217_2.jpg

Sistem51 watches able to be serviced

mail

Automatic movement. No batteries. 90-hour power reserve. This is the Mechanical Revolution.
From SISTEM51 IRONY's premium stainless steel cases to SISTEM51 original's sporty designs, there are plenty of ways to join the movement.

The 51-component movement is made completely by machines (not a single human hand touches it during construction) and the various movement modules are held together by a single central screw. The balance is even adjusted by lasers, which remove tiny bits of mass until the whole thing is running at spec. There are some new geometric printed treatments on the plates, bridges, and rotor, but otherwise these are the same great guts you've seen before.

There is one very significant update though: Beginning with the Irony collection, Sistem51 watches will be able to be serviced at certain authorized Swatch watchmakers instead of being completely disposable. Previously you had to just toss the watch when it stopped keeping good time, but now you can keep a Sistem51 going much longer with some simple repairs and part swaps. Bravo to Swatch on this one.

Straps all use Swatch's propriety three-tang connection, so you cannot use after-market straps here from other makers.

YIS401G_sa000_nvz.jpg

YIS401G_sa010_nvz.jpg

join the movement.

660px_Block_S51-Plastic_yim401_20190807.jpg

GO METAL

Combining modern designs, premium materials and an automatic movement, SISTEM51 IRONY blends advanced technology with premium materials to create a collection of bold designs and self-powered ingenuity. Find your style and join the Mechanical Revolution today!

Landing-Page_Block_S51-Plastic_660x660_20181217_2.jpg

GO ORIGINALS

Wrapped in durable plastic cases, worn with comfortable silicone straps and fit with stylish design elements, the original SISTEM51 self-winding technology that started the mechanical revolution is a force to be reckoned with. Find your style today.

1280px_s51-irony-main_20190709_EA.jpg

Sistem51 Irony
  • sistem51-irony-04.jpg

The backlash from this movement probably sparked Swatch to make the movement repairable. No one wants to through away a $600.00 and up TIMEpiece. It stopped me from buying.
Thanks for the intel Mike

The $150 Swiss Auto Nobody Talks About.....​

Just One More Watch
AL5GRJX4_12e4Naa-CM8jV1rgxDkzT9wf6doKqXzjC9v=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Jan 25, 2023

Big shout out again to Ashley for the loan of his Sistem51. I'm not saying I'm done with this one, perhaps I'll pick one up again, when and if they actually make it in some interesting colours. What do you think? Do you have one? Do you wear it? Or is it just too many paradoxes and contradictions at once!? Cheers, Jody

Back
Top Bottom