For lovers of orange

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
43.5mm case/49mm L2L/16.5mm height/21 mm lugs

mail

mail

DESCRIPTION

It was with OMEGA’s maritime legacy in mind that the brand launched its Planet Ocean line in 2005. Today, the stylish models continue to pay homage to OMEGA’s dive watch heritage.

This 43.50 mm stainless steel model features a white ceramic dial with applied Arabic numerals in orange and a date window at the 3 o’clock position. The orange ceramic unidirectional bezel includes a diving scale filled with liquid ceramic and Super-LumiNova.

Other features include an alveol screw-in caseback and a striped orange, grey and white polyamide NATO strap with a polished buckle and strap keepers in stainless steel.

The watch is water resistant to 600 metres / 2000 feet / 60 bar and has a helium-escape valve. The OMEGA Master Chronometer calibre 8900 at the heart of this timepiece can be seen through the transparent caseback. To achieve Master Chronometer status, it has passed the 8 rigorous tests set by METAS (The Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology).

PRODUCT SHEET (OPENS PDF-DOCUMENT)

FEATURES
TECHNICAL DATA
  • Between lugs: 21 mm
  • Bracelet: NATO strap
  • Case: Steel
  • Case diameter: 43.5 mm
  • Dial color: White
  • Crystal: Domed scratch‑resistant sapphire crystal with anti‑reflective treatment on both sides
  • Water resistance: 60 bar (600 metres / 2000 feet)
omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-43-5-mm-21532442104001-l.png
omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-43-5-mm-21532442104001-2-product.png
omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-43-5-mm-21532442104001-3-product.png
TUwKLZY.jpg

YiOXoBp.jpg

omg3259F.jpg

omg3259R.jpg

omg3259MVMT.jpg

I tried this on at Watches of Switzerland about a month ago. As all POs its a great watch. They didn't have the nato or the newer chrono with the same bezel but grey dial. I liked it. The orange wasn't quite as bright as I thought it would be ceramic is never going to be as saturated as the rubber insert in that black/orange PO as shown above.

I liked it but wasn't in a place to spend $6k at the time and with that in mind, I don't know if I would spend that kind of money on it.

I agree Gavin. Although I don't have any experience with Omega firsthand, if the pricing structure is anything like Ball, Oris or most brands I can think of. The best value proposition is always to buy the watch with the OEM bracelet when possible. I'm a bracelet guy myself. Even if someone prefers a strap. If and when it comes time to let one go, it appeals to a much broader group not having to buy a bracelet later on.

I agree Gavin. Although I don't have any experience with Omega firsthand, if the pricing structure is anything like Ball, Oris or most brands I can think of. The best value proposition is always to buy the watch with the OEM bracelet when possible. I'm a bracelet guy myself. Even if someone prefers a strap. If and when it comes time to let one go, it appeals to a much broader group not having to buy a bracelet later on.

Yep, the only exception I can think of is the Omega Aqua Terra. There is only a $100 difference between buying it on the leather, rubber or bracelet (bracelet being $100 more expensive) however if you order the rubber strap you have to order it in 3 separate parts. The strap, the clasp and these two metal inserts. I'm told going that route will cost you more the bracelet option. I think it was by $50 or maybe $150. I don't remember exactly cause I didn't want the rubber anyway. Its a nice design but $600 for rubber and it made the watch look even smaller. NO THANK YOU!

Now is the case of the Planet Ocean here... its a no brainer, buy the bracelet add the nato later if you love it. Or do like I do and make them throw the nato in for free as a gift with purchase....

Back
Top Bottom