🦠COVID-19🦠

I hope you and the wife remain safe in this craziness. My oldest daughter is a nurse, so I understand the risk is higher for certain professions.

Graham Nash Performs CSNY Hit 'Our House' From Home in New York City | In My Room

Mar 28, 2020

AATXAJzVZ5tNMK9IQ_Sd5JSEbVmKuMyFn1dqKvasPQ=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Rolling Stone

Graham Nash performs Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young classics in the latest installment of “In My Room,” a new IGTV series in which musicians perform from their homes in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

Dear customers,

I manage a grocery store in Colorado.

Here's some things everyone should know

1. I don't have toilet paper
2. I don't have sanitizer
3. I run out of milk, eggs and meat daily
4. I promise if it's out on the shelf ... it's not in a hidden corner of our back room.

Those are the predictable FAQs, now for the real stuff:

5. I have been doing this for 25 years I did not forget how to order product.
6. I did not cause the warehouse to be out of product!
7. I schedule as much help as I have, including many temps working TONS of overtime to help YOU.
8. I am sorry there are lines at the check out lanes.

Now for the really important stuff:

9. My team puts themselves in harm's way everyday so you can buy groceries
10. My team works tirelessly to get product on the floor for you to buy
11. My team is exhausted!
12. My team is scared of getting sick!!
13. My team is human and do not possess an antivirus... they are in just as much danger as you are. (Arguably more) But they show up to work everyday just so you can buy groceries
14. Again, my team is tired.
15. My team is very under appreciated!
16. My team is exposed to more people who are potentially infected in one hour than most of you will in a week (medical community excluded, thank you for all that you do!)
17. My team is verbally abused all day by customers who have no idea how ignorant they are.
18. My team disinfects every surface possible, everyday, just so you can come in grab a wipe from the dispenser, wipe the handle and throw the used wipe in the cart or on the ground and leave it there... so my team can throw it in the trash for you later
19. My team wonders if YOU wash your re-usable bags, that you force us to touch, that are clearly dirty and have more germs on them than our shopping carts do
20. My team more than earns their breaks, lunches and days off. And if that means you wait longer I am sorry.

The last thing I will say is this:

The next time you are in a grocery store, please pause and think about what you are saying and how you are treating the people you encounter. They are the reason you are still able to buy toilet paper, sanitizer, milk, eggs and meat.

If the store you go to is out of an item.. maybe find the neighbor or friend that bought enough for a year ... there are hundreds of them... and ask them to spare 1 or 2. They caused the problem to begin with.

And lastly, please THANK the people who helped you. They don't have to come to work. Be kind. We got to get through this too!

Sincerely appreciated,
Jason

No one is saying anything good about this virus, but since the travel has come to a crawl. Just two months of reduced carbon emissions has had a huge impact. Estimations show the improved air quality reduced the number of lives lost by 50,000.

coronavirus_us_generic.png

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

#CNBC
How Coronavirus Quarantines Lead To A Drop In Air Pollution

•Mar 29, 2020

AATXAJz1E9NXt5OQapk1lafJbmV6KXEMvEaczk4Zog=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

CNBC

As coronavirus quickly spreads around the world, the virus is forcing people to stay put. People aren’t driving or flying, leading to a massive reduction in air pollution, most notably in China, but also in Italy, the U.S. and other hard-hit areas that have implemented directives to stay home.

Quilted Northern Rustic Weave | Artisanal Toilet Paper

Start remembering your bathroom experiences again with our new handcrafted toilet paper.
Inspired by the makers of yesterday and today.

Striking images from New York City as remote hospitals arrive | Deadline | MSNBC
Mar 30, 2020

MSNBC

The epicenter of the coronavirus crisis in the United States sees the arrival of the USNS Comfort in New York Harbor and a field hospital in Central Park.

Paul Simon - The Boxer (Acoustic Version March 2020)
Mar 30, 2020

Paul Simon - The Boxer (Acoustic Version March 2020)
Dedicated to New York.

Sad pics., downright chilling. Got to go back to work today at USPS, no gloves, no masks, no hand sanitizer, and everyone cramped on each other like nothings going on. Don't believe the local postal announcements when they say they are taking every precaution. It's total B.S.

Macy's, Kohl's, Gap to furlough thousands of workers as pandemic worsens

coronavirus_us_generic.png
COVID-19

Mar 31, 2020

CBS This Morning

Retail giants Macy's, Kohl's and Gap have announced widespread furloughs amid soaring reports of coronavirus cases in the U.S. The pandemic has sent the economy into free fall, with massive layoffs and small business closures happening across the country as a result of precautions to slow the disease's spread. Jill Schlesinger joins "CBS This Morning" to talk about this latest hit to workers and what it means for the future of the economy as the pandemic continues.

According to USPS, 13 postal workers total had tested positive for the virus as of last Thursday.

Army Corps of Engineers transform sites into hospitals

Mar 31, 2020

ABC News

Lt. General Todd Semonite talks to “GMA” about the number of sites they will build across the country and explains what it takes to turn a site into a medical facility.

Larry David Addresses the ‘Idiots Out There’ in California Coronavirus PSA | RS News 4/1/20

Apr 1, 2020

Rolling Stone

It’s “a once in a lifetime opportunity to stay in the house, sit on the couch and watch TV,” he jokes.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-n...us-psa-976300/

Larry David advises everyone to “Go home. Watch TV” in his new PSA that asks California residents to stay at home during the coronavirus pandemic. The Curb Your Enthusiasm creator and star’s clip was shared by the Office of the Governor of California’s Twitter account.

“I basically want to address the idiots out there, and you know who you are … You’re hurting old people like me. Well, not me, I have nothing to do with you, I’ll never see you,” the 72-year-old David quipped. “But other, let’s say, other old people who might be your relatives, who the hell knows?”

Aside from helping to protect older Californians, the Seinfeld co-creator said that staying home has other advantages that those that venture out miss out on. “You’re passing up a fantastic opportunity, a once in a lifetime opportunity to stay in the house, sit on the couch and watch TV,” he said.

California’s Governor Gavin Newsom issued a stay-at-home order in California that began on March 19th. To date, 30 states along with the District of Columbia have issued similar stay-at-home directives in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

“If you’ve seen my show, nothing good ever happens going out of the house, you know that,” David said. “It’s just trouble. It’s not a good place to be. Stay home and, you know, don’t see anyone.”

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...-outbreak-2020

Bill Gates has warned of an impending pandemic for years. Here's how he's dealing with the coronavirus pandemic — from pledging $100 million to fight the outbreak to becoming Warren Buffett's "scientific adviser."

In 2014, the world avoided a horrific global outbreak of Ebola, thanks to thousands of selfless health workers -- plus, frankly, thanks to some very good luck. In hindsight, we know what we should have done better. So, now's the time, Bill Gates suggests, to put all our good ideas into practice, from scenario planning to vaccine research to health worker training. As he says, "There's no need to panic ... but we need to get going."

5e6fd75fc4854017fb151a02

In 2018, Gates said that the next pandemic was imminent and that he believed it would arise and spread within the next decade. "In the case of biological threats, that sense of urgency is lacking," he said. "The world needs to prepare for pandemics in the same serious way it prepares for war."

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...-threat-2017-2

Local News anchor.........

"Paper manufacturers are ramping up making toilet paper as store supplies are still wiped out....." :chuck:

tenor.gif

The only TT shortage there is are the butt holes emptying the store shelves hoarding more than they need. Our warehouse racks look as plentiful as ever.

Kimberly-Clark has started posting pictures of warehouses full of toilet paper in some markets. The problem, the manufacturers say, is getting the product shipped to warehouses and retailers, and then onto store shelves quickly enough to keep up with sales.

BB10HPKg.img

That's what I call having a real crappy day. I guess some will be thankful that it wasn't a truck load of french fries baking in the 53' furnace.:)

Use ketchup hoses instead of water.

101607530-fireatwalmart.jpg

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/04/23/extr...-in-maine.html

Bring on the ketchup: A tractor-trailer carrying 40,000 pounds of french fries caught fire in a Wal-Mart parking lot in the Maine city of Waterville.

A refrigeration tractor-trailer carrying frozen french fries has ignited while traveling southbound on the Blue Route near Route 30 at the height of Memorial Day weekend traffic.

The resulting fire, which brought fire companies from West Conshohoken, Haverford Township, Radnor, Bryn Mawr, Marple Township and Newtown, has caused traffic gridlock, most likely for hours.

5b7c596e3996e.image.jpg

https://www.dailylocal.com/news/nati...3222f84d1.html

Back
Top Bottom