Dr. Anthony Fauci: Anti-Pandemic Hero And Lifelong Timex Watch Guy

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
somewhere on time so urgently

MAR 25, 2020 — BY BILAL KHAN

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/dr-anth...mex-watch-guy/

Dr. Anthony Fauci holds a rarified and ephemeral position in the United States right now (March 24, 2020), as the nation’s leading authority in the battle against the coronavirus pandemic. At the time of writing, we are all in some version of shelter-in-place, hoping social isolation can starve the virus. Fauci, an immunologist who serves as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and was at the forefront of the fights against HIV/AIDS for (which he won the Presidential Medal of Freedom), SARS, MERS, Ebola, and now the coronavirus.

It also looks like he’s been a Timex guy for several decades now. It makes sense that he’d stick with an American brand that makes some of the most durable and reliable digital watches around. I’ve also noticed that he checks the time very, very frequently. In fact, with the rest of us in lockdown, he may be one of the few people in the country who needs to get somewhere on time so urgently you’d think the fate of the world depends on it (because it might).

Dr-Fauci-Timex-8.jpg

While far from definitive or comprehensive, I was able to find at least three Timex watches Dr. Fauci has worn over the years. The first dates back to the 1980s, when he first became director of the NIAID. He wore what looks like an old Timex T80 digital watch while doing the work that would combat the then-new HIV/AIDS epidemic. The older pictures aren’t ideal, especially since a lot of these now-retro digital watches had such a similar silhouette but I am fairly confident here.

Back
Top Bottom