10 New Straps from CNS

darkoverlord

Tyme Master Jr.
So last week Cheapest Nato Straps sends out an email saying the current Corona Virus situation is killing their business so they're offering 70% off. So like any hero I jumped right to action! haha

I ordered 10 straps. deliberately got a couple different strap types to try them out. They came today... it was hit and miss. a 60% success rate for various reasons to be accurate.

Untitled by Gavin Gear, on Flickr

I had pretty specific ideas for each strap and here are the victims... I mean here are the test watches

Among other things CNS is one of the few websites with multiple 21mm options. So I got 3 straps for my Oris Diver's 65:
Before:

after:

only the brown racing leather worked unfortunately. The tan canvas looks great but the ends are too thick to fit on the watch and the black canvas didn't have a channel for the spring bar.

I've wanted a tan strap for the C65 since I ordered it, CW never came through so here you go:
before:

after:

I saw the center stripe of this strap and just thought it would match the squale exactly... it worked!

I thought this strap would look awesome on my Hammy Pan Euro and I think I'm right but alas, the strap was too thick for the case even with the curved spring bars.... wah
before:
after:

crown and buckle introduced these chevron adjustable straps, pretty nice. CNS brought out their own, almost equally nicely made for much less money. Fabric a little less thick, hardware a little lighter, but good looking for sure:
before:
after:

Evant with green and Barley:

this seal strap is a PITA to put on and the colors didn't really watch the website... much darker in person so it didn't match my H2O Kalmar as planned

The CNS Marine National version of a strap is way different than the Erikas Original, stiffer fabric but still nice but you apply it to the watch totally differently. I wanted this colorway for my Orca but didn't want to pay Erika's prices... not bad
before:
after:

and that's it, thanks for looking:

Oh hell's yea!!! You really nailed the color combos. I wanted a 24mm canvas cammo for my bronze Piotr but it it tapered to 20mm at the buckle so my knuckle buckle would slop too much. Dang you killed the color combos here. VERY well done

Not a bad score at all Gavin. You did well. Big ups my friend! Congrats, enjoy and thanks for sharing

thank you sir. Yeah overall except for that blue strap the colors are very nice, worked out well. They have so many choices. The tan marine national style with the bronze buckle is probably one of my favorite adds here. I wanted a Sahara colored Erika's Original for my Bronze orca with bronze hardware but its basically a $100 strap from Erika. Now I feel Erika's might just be the best strap in the business, certainly the best nylon, elastic etc, but this CNS stap was $7.00. That is such a massive difference its crazy, esp considering the CNS strap is pretty nice. no hand stitched french linen, not as supple, not as nice hardware and it doesn't attache as smoothly but for $93 less!

I'm always in awe of your taste Gavin. You really have an eye for matching up straps with watches. It's always a transformation when matching a strap to add pop to bring out a particular color. As far as collections go, yours is a great one Gavin. I enjoy how you can switch from Invicta, to a Breitling or Omega without missing a beat. That's what's so great about this group. We all have an appreciation of all watches across the spectrum.

DANG! Those are some awesome color combos! The only thing more impressive than your strap scoop is the line-up of watches you got to mount them to. Good Job!

Back
Top Bottom