🦠COVID-19🦠

Listen up dipsh*ts… it’s a big f**cking deal,” says one Kentucky mayor to his community

By Drew Franklin | March 24, 2020 | 2:28pm | 18
walton-mayor.jpg

As Governor Andy Beshear comforts the state with his Mr. Rogers-like press conferences at 5 p.m. each day, another leader in the state has taken a different approach to get his coronavirus message across.

Mayor Gabe Brown, the mayor of Walton in Boone County, Ky., told the Boone County Neighborhood Group on Facebook to, “Listen up dipsh-ts… it’s a big f**cking deal.”

The Facebook post:

Listen up dip****s and sensible people. I might not have the best bedside manor. I might not put you at ease like the Governor does, but I don’t care. You need to realize that this is a serious ordeal. In fact, it’s a big f**cking deal. Stay at home.

I didn’t give you information to induce panic. I gave you information, so that you’d be informed.

Maybe, just maybe, I am privy to information that you aren’t. I’m sorry for being the gossiping Mayor.
I’m tired of Covid-19 conference calls. I take 3 a day, plus one extra on the weekend with Kenton County. If you don’t like what I’m telling you, then go buy some toilet paper.

I pray every night that the State, County and region that I love with all of my heart will stop doing nonsensical things. Treat this seriously. If you don’t, then screw you (f#ck you is what I want to say, but I can’t).
Play

Up Next
KSR_logo.png

This will pass. Take it seriously. It is here. Act like you have the virus and don’t spread it to other people. I have no doubt that it hasn’t already been here, but testing had been limited. More cases are coming. If you ignore this problem, the worst thing that could happen is that your mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, aunts, uncles could die.

Be responsible. If you don’t, then screw you.

Warmest regards,

Mayor Gabe Brown

[Facebook]

I read no lies in Mayor Brown’s comments to his community, only warmest regards from a leader. Was it an unconventional form of messaging? Of course, but he got his point across.

Screw you if you don’t take this seriously, Walton.

How some firms are cashing in during the coronavirus outbreak | ITV News

•Mar 25, 2020

Why Coronavirus Is Dangerous For Diabetics

coronavirus_us_generic.png

Mar 26, 2020

AATXAJz1E9NXt5OQapk1lafJbmV6KXEMvEaczk4Zog=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

CNBC

Coronavirus can be terrifying for an average healthy person but what about those who are considered “high risk.” The Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization state those at higher risk for the worst outcomes for the virus are older adults and people with chronic illnesses like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes.

CNBC explores why is coronavirus more dangerous for diabetics.

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
CDC

Denver Zoo releases footage of baby rhino even while closed due to COVID-19 pandemic | ABC News
Mar 26, 2020

The Denver Zoo released footage of its four-week-old great one-horned rhino calf rolling around on the floor and playing with water as part of its "closed but still caring" campaign prompted by the coronavirus pandemic.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona...er_2_bsq_image

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/ma...t-coronavirus/

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/24/82033...ves-from-virus

Spit Spreads Death: The Influenza Pandemic of 1918-19 in Philadelphia

A century ago, a worldwide health disaster hit home. The influenza pandemic of 1918–19, the global epidemic often called the “Spanish flu,” killed 50 to 100 million people worldwide.

Here in Philadelphia, the Liberty Loan Parade, a patriotic wartime effort on September 28, 1918, helped to spread the disease. Soon, the city was in crisis. Hospitals overflowed and bodies piled up in morgues. Philadelphia had the highest death rate of any major American city during the pandemic. More than 12,000 people died in six weeks; over 20,000 died in six months.

Many of those people died young. Very few were wealthy or famous. Their names are not in history books, but their families did not forget them.

Spit Spreads Death explores how neighborhoods in Philadelphia were impacted, how the disease spread, and what could happen in future pandemics. It is an exhibition and artist project that explores both this devastating historic event and the connections to contemporary health issues. It is an exploration that began before the exhibition opened with a commemorative parade and will continue throughout the life of the exhibition with a variety of community programming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...u-coronavirus/

What happens if parades aren’t canceled during pandemics? Philadelphia found out in 1918, with disastrous results.

In 1918, against the advice of health experts, the city of Philadelphia went ahead with a scheduled parade. Within weeks, the Spanish Flu had become a public health disaster, eventually killing over 15,000 people.

imrs.php

In this Sept. 28, 1918 photo, the Naval Aircraft Factory float moves south on Broad Street in Philadelphia during a parade meant to raise funds for the war effort. (AP)By
Meagan Flynn

March 12, 2020 at 7:17 a.m. EDTOn the afternoon of Sept. 28, 1918, about 200,000 people crammed onto the sidewalks in Philadelphia to watch a two-mile parade snake through downtown in the midst of World War I. Billed as the city’s largest parade ever, it featured military planes and aggressive war-bond salesmen working the crowds, in scenes that graced the front pages of the evening papers.

But readers who flipped toward the back of the Evening Bulletin might have stumbled on an unsettling headline: In the last 24 hours, 118 people in Philadelphia had come down with a mysterious, deadly influenza, which was quickly spreading from military camps to civilians amid a worldwide pandemic.

“If the people are careless, thousands of cases may develop and the epidemic may get beyond control,” the city’s health commissioner, Wilmer Krusen, said in the 1918 article.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...s-philadelphia

What happens when disease strikes a city of two million people, sickening half a million and killing more than 12,000 in just six weeks and 16,000 in two months? During fall 1918, in the last months of World War I, Philadelphia hosted the largest parade in its history. Within days, influenza casualties overwhelmed hospitals. In this illustrated presentation, Robert D. Hicks, Director of the Mütter Museum, discusses the pandemic as a social catastrophe and considers its memorialization today. He shares highlights of the museum’s most ambitious exhibition to date, Spit Spreads Death: The Influenza Pandemic of 1918-19 in Philadelphia, that opens during this for five years. Several relevant artifacts from the Mütter Museum will be on display at the lecture. Robert D. Hicks, Ph.D., Senior Consulting Scholar, Director, Mütter Museum/Historical Medical Library, William Maul Measey Chair for the History of Medicine of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia

The Cheesecake Factory Tells Landlords Across the Country It Won’t Be Able to Pay Rent on April 1st

March 18, 2020 To our Landlords, We are sincerely concerned for everyone who has been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19). As you know from news reports, we have had to close numerous restaurants in order to comply with emergency governmental restrictions. In some locations we are only allowed to provide delivery and to-go orders; in other locations we are required to totally close. This situation is unprecedented and rapidly evolving. The severe decrease in restaurant traffic has severely decreased our cash flow and inflicted a tremendous financial blow to our business. Due to these extraordinary events, I am asking for your patience and, frankly, your help. Unfortunately, I must let you know that The Cheesecake Factory and its affiliated restaurant concepts will not make any of their rent payments for the month of April 2020. Please understand that we do not take this action or make this decision lightly, and while we hope to resume our rent payments as soon as reasonably possible, we simply cannot predict the extent or the duration of the current crisis. We are continuing to evaluate the implications of this situation on our business and we realize the impact this action will have on our landlords. We appreciate our landlords
’
understanding given the exigency of the current situation. We are following the guidance of the CDC and our local health departments and will continue to do so. We are closely monitoring developments in all the communities we serve, and we hope to resume normal operations as soon as reasonably possible. We commit to keeping you informed in furtherance of our long-standing business relationships.Sincerely,
David Overton
Chairman, Founder and CEO The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated

I blame the company for that, no accountability. Unless the drivers are independent and own their own rigs. Most will follow through on their assignments. When I would be off burning up some vacation time, they would have to split my route up. They would consolidate my stops into several others. There was one bottom feeder who would come in and look at his manifest. Once he looked at where he was heading up into North Jersey or New York, he would run home to play with his fire hose. He told dispatch he was called on an emergency fire. I told them all of the fire calls this guy claimed his whole town must be burnt to the frigging ground.

John Fogerty performs Creedence Clearwater Revival classics in the latest installment of Rolling Stone’s “In My Room,” a new series in which musicians perform from their homes in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

Deserted London landmarks seen from above - BBC News

Mar 28, 2020

AATXAJwNzMorrQSVGUO-yZGchUu4EBlZHsYCm0pHEQ=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

BBC News

Some of London's most popular landmarks are devoid of the usual crowds as people stay indoors to help combat coronavirus.

CvGXIvK0_RJlQdoEv5lMX8oCf8GzUFCZf4swsOIqoNU-heK4O0W_RDeC5c0qQsr3KGuKcTksDxy2pcHmGyDgmhpBVxEY5xgzMgrwuTMBD-VVVhM8QgNzfQ14q7Zw--9o9fPf3c6sKRiNYL7aoM6NDqX-HOGpCnnATLw

COVID-19 Advisory:Business operations may be affected

Due to ongoing precautionary measures, please contact the business directly for updated hours and availability.

My wife and I are both mail carriers and have been lucky that these last two weeks were our scheduled vacation time. Get to go back to work Monday and I can't wait. Although I'm physically fit on the outside I have had pre-diabetes my whole life, high blood pressure, a backwards artery birth defect to my heart, a current healing blood clot in my leg , and I drink more then I should and eat garbage because I crave calories from physical work. At least I've never smoked so I got that in my corner. Oh well if I get this thing since I used to have a serious gambling addiction I'd bet on the bug over my self on this one. Really feel for the nurses and doctors and first responder's who have to work selflessly to help us all at a great physical and mental toll. Oh well rant over, pity party over, time to go back and make myself of some value to society. Good thing is I'm 100% Scandinavian and anti-social to boot so this social distancing thing is right in my wheelhouse and one thing I'm actually really good at.

Back
Top Bottom