MB&F HM8 Mark 2/MB&F Unveils New Horological Machine HM10 ‘Bulldog’

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member

90772406_10157196719744103_539373434824556544_o.jpg

Forget the dog, beware of the owner - HM10 Bulldog - MB&F

A rounded, compact body of titanium or red gold. Two prominent aluminium time-display “eyes”, rolling at anyone who dares look its way. A collar studded with projections that allow you to wind the mainspring or set the time. Stout but flexible “legs” that wrap firmly around your wrist. Just like the creature for which it is named, there’s more to HM10 “Bulldog” than meets the eye. Its hinged jaws open and shut according to the amount of wind left in its mainspring. If you can clearly see the rows of shining teeth lining the jaws, get ready, because that means “Bulldog” is full of fight, charged up with a 45 hours of mainspring energy.

HM10 Bulldog RT
Face Open/Close

HM10_Bulldog_RT_Face_Open-Close_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog Ti
Face open/close
HM10_Ti_Face_Open-Close_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT - Front
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Front_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog Ti - Front
HM10_Ti_Front_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT
HM10_Bulldog_RT_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog Ti
HM10_Ti_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT Profile
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Profile_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog Ti Profile
HM10_Ti_Profile_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT Back
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Back_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog Ti Back
HM10_Ti_Back_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT profile black
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Profile_Black_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT profile white
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Profile_White_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT Rear
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Rear_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT - Top Black
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Top_Black_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT - Top White
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Top_White_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT packshot black
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Packshot_Black_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT Packshot White
HM10_Bulldog_RT_Packshot_White_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT Engine 01
HM10_Bulldog_Ti_Engine-01_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog RT Engine 02
HM10_Bulldog_Ti_Engine-02_preview.jpg

HM10 Bulldog Wristshot 01

HM10-Bulldog_WRISTSHOT-1_preview.jpg

HM10-Bulldog_WRISTSHOT-2_preview.jpg

HM10-Bulldog_WRISTSHOT-3_preview.jpg

HM10-Bulldog_WRISTSHOT-4_preview.jpg

HM10-Bulldog_preview.jpg

OVERVIEW

A rounded, compact body of titanium or red gold. Two prominent aluminium time-display “eyes”, rolling at anyone who dares look its way. A collar studded with projections that allow you to wind the mainspring or set the time. Stout but flexible “legs” that wrap firmly around your wrist. Just like the creature for which it is named, there’s more to HM10 “Bulldog” than meets the eye. Its hinged jaws open and shut according to the amount of wind left in its mainspring. If you can clearly see the rows of shining teeth lining the jaws, get ready, because that means “Bulldog” is full of fight, charged up with a 45 hours of mainspring energy.

One final piece of advice for those who come across Horological Machine N°10 “Bulldog” is engraved on its body, like a cautionary message you might find on the collar of a particularly feisty canine. The beast may be intimidating, but it ultimately exists in service of another. People would do well to remember — “Forget the dog, beware of the owner”.

THE MACHINE

CASE

• Material: launch editions in grade 5 titanium or 18k 5N+ red gold and titanium
  • Dimensions: 54mm x 45mm x 24mm
  • Water resistant to 5 ATM / 50m / 160ft
ENGINE
  • Manual-winding in-house movement
  • Bespoke flying 14mm balance wheel with four traditional regulating screws floating above the domed dials
  • Super-LumiNova on hour/minute domes and markers
  • Frequency: 2.5Hz (18,000bph)
  • 301 components / 34 jewels / 45h power reserve
FUNCTIONS & INDICATIONS
  • Hours on left dome (rotating in 12 hours)
  • Minutes on right dome (rotating in 60 minutes)
  • Power reserve indicated by opening and closing of the jaws (end of power reserve = closed jaws).
jaws.jpg

"JAWS" POWER RESERVE

The massive jaws indicate the level of remaining power by opening and closing. The very unconventional power-reserve indication has been carefully designed and calibrated to consume the least energy possible, allowing HM10 Bulldog to direct its considerable mainspring torque towards the suspended balance and revolving hour and minute domes.

wheel.jpg

FLYING BALANCE WHEEL

In full sight beneath a bulging sapphire crystal dome, the oversized 14mm balance wheel with four traditional regulating screws flies high above the movement – the brain of this mechanical bulldog.

domes.jpg

ROTATING DOMES

The paper-thin domes indicating hours and minutes are machined from solid aluminium, chosen for its optimal strength to weight ratio: they weigh in at a micro-light 0.5g, reducing energy requirements to an absolute minimum.

hm10.jpg

INSPIRATION

The design came to Maximilian Büsser while he was travelling in Japan; Horological Machine N°10 ‘Bulldog’ bounded up in his mind’s eye just as a loyal pup might greet a returning master.

“What you see now in front of you is more or less exactly what I saw at the time,” says Büsser, “and it was the first time I actually saw a watch in my mind, just like that.”

HM10 Bulldog coalesced from various MB&F influences and motifs that dedicated enthusiasts of the brand will immediately recognise. In a deeply affirmative way, HM10 Bulldog is simultaneously a reflection of MB&F and a paean to the fidelity of their followers. The traditional saying “as stubborn as a bulldog” parallels the determination of MB&F to chart an untraditional path outside of conventional watch design, sometimes with creations that have polarised the horological community. In similar vein, the British bulldog may be a dog of pedigree and stature, but it is certainly no crowd-pleaser.

MAR 24, 2020 — BY SEAN LORENTZEN

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/mbf-unv...-hm10-bulldog/

There have predominantly been two schools of thought when it comes to crafting an ultra-luxury timepiece. On the one hand, there are brands with centuries of heritage creating beautifully detailed, massively complicated, and ultimately extremely traditional watches. On the other, you have the avant-garde, with younger and more daring watchmakers eager to deconstruct the notion of a mechanical watch without taking themselves too seriously in the process. Perhaps the best example of this second group is MB&F, which has literally reshaped high-end watchmaking into a variety of fanciful forms over the years. Its latest creation in the Horological Machine series, the HM10 “Bulldog” is a perfect example of this with a streamlined “Buck Rodgers” futuristic form that takes inspiration from man’s best friend.

90744466_10157196743489103_8814060253386637312_o.jpg

There’s no denying that the MB&F HM10 “Bulldog” is a deliberate attempt at creating something that won’t appeal to everyone, but regardless of whether you fall into the “love it” or “hate it” camp it’s difficult not to appreciate the sheer creativity at work here. The HM10 “Bulldog” is available now through authorized dealers, at an MSRP of $105,000 for the titanium model and $120,000 in red gold.

Last edited:
LOL. God forbid that would mean less money for Invicta LOL. All the money spent on average priced watches you could easily have snagged a few of these Steve.

I know you have spent a boat load Steve. The question is, would you have enjoyed a few really expensive watches compared to all of the other ones sacrificed? I can understand both sides. I always respected what Bob (Pacerguy) would say when we would discuss the price of buying one Benarus Megalodon vs three to five Invicta models. That's what gives him the most enjoyment, bang for his buck.

For all the watches I bought since 2010 when I started out this craziness I really could of bought a few high end watches. I have no regrets though of buying the Invicta's. Maybe a little regret.

MB&F Introduces the HM10 Bulldog

Mar 26, 2020

AATXAJyXm5xvqcdzAUuhFNZOrpa_OiDfC6hg_1sgTw=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

TheWATCHES.tv

Hello to all and today we go over the new MB&F HM10 Bulldog, a timepiece belonging to the Horological Machine family of watches, meaning slightly more audacious type of time telling machines.

We knew we would be in for a surprising design and the HM10 Bulldog stands firm to this principle. It’s for sure unique but at the same time it takes back some design elements and other features seen on other MB&F watches, there are some common genes shared that we describe in this video.

All the very best to all in these peculiar times and a HUGE Viva Watchmaking

That's only natural Steve. I've enjoyed my journey as well, but sometimes wonder where a different fork in the road would have led me to.

I would venture to guess with $120,000 to spend on a watch there would be 3008 different ideas on what wristwatch or watches to spend it on.

I'm with you MIke...If I decided to spend that kind of money (if I had it) on a watch I'm pretty sure I'd go crazy trying to decide what to spend it on...I'd be afraid there was something else I didn't see and would like better...:dizzy:

Glad I won't have to worry about that happening...:wink:

My first $123,000 watch - MB&F Horological Machine No 10​

Bruce Williams
AGIKgqPHVBmXI2NjxC9SEDOSa52vRaoJaKE2Z_10KNiTxA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Jun 11, 2023

Outlandish yet outstanding. Unconstrained ambition. Sculpted poetry. This is the HM10 from Maximilian Busser and Friends.

Thank you Stan as always for your generosity and kindness.

0:00 - 1:39 Horological enlightenment
1:39 - 4:40 A different point of view
4:40 - 6:40 The concept
6:40 - 8:22 The movement and details
8:22 - 10:10 My criticism

https://www.mbandf.com/en/machines/horological-machines/hm10

MBandF_HM8_Mark_2_Green_Face_White_preview.jpg

MB&F HM8 Mark 2​

MB&F
lu0vdYT1RbqsoTUp5wGYnoLSy4XP5AQa5eBSdDi1v0odZBz_7ePJZLcM8nR-F02kcDyVMa1a=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Jun 13, 2023

A decade after the first automotive-inspired MB&F Machines, get ready for the HM8 Mark 2, the most technologically evolved model to date.

A three-dimensional horological engine, composed of an automatic movement with a jumping hour and trailing minutes module developed in-house by MB&F. It features a 22K gold automatic winding rotor visible under the supercar-like double-sapphire crystal cover.

The HM8 Mark 2 takes everything that MB&F fans have loved in this automotive series over the last 10+ years and has made it more technical, more legible, sexier and easier to wear.

MB&F

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/introducing-mbf-hm8-mark-2

https://monochrome-watches.com/hand...-white-carbon-macrolon-live-pics-specs-price/

https://www.timeandwatches.com/2023/06/mb-hm8-mark-2.html
https://www.mbandf.com/en/press/horological-machines/hm8-mark-2

https://www.mbandf.com/en/machines/horological-machines

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS – MB&F HM8 MARK 2​

Case: Grade 5 titanium with green or white CarbonMacrolon- 47mm x 41.5mm x 19 mm - 42 components - 30m water-resistant - sapphire crystals on top, front, and display back treated with anti-reflective coating on both faces
Dial: lateral time indication –bi-directional jumping hours and trailing minutes, displayed by dual reflective sapphire crystal prisms with an integrated magnifying lens
Movement: automatic, composed of a jumping hour and trailing minutes module developed in-house by MB&F, powered by a Girard-Perregaux base movement - 22K gold automatic winding rotor - 42 hours power reserve - balance frequency 28,800vph - 247 components, 30 jewels
Strap: calfskin strap, white for the British green model and green for the white model - a titanium tang buckle
Availability: British green limited edition of 33, the white version available as a regular production
Price: CHF 68,000, USD 78,000, or EUR 70,000 (excluding taxes).

The Movement
Caliber: Three-dimensional horological engine, composed of a jumping hour and trailing minutes module developed in-house by MB&F, powered by a Girard-Perregaux base movement
Functions: Jumping hour and trailing minutes module developed
Power Reserve: 42 hours
Winding: Automatic with 22k gold winding rotor
Frequency: 28,800 bph
Jewels: 30J
Additional Details: 247 components for the movement, 40 components for the case; sapphire crystals on top, front and display back treated with anti-reflective coating on both faces; dual reflective sapphire crystal prisms with integrated magnifying lens

Pricing & Availability
Price: $78,000
Availability: Immediately
Limited Edition: Yes, the green model is limited to 33 pieces

Back
Top Bottom