Ideapixel Custom Piece Finally Landed...(update post#1 in red)

wow... that's sad ( if true ) that the car crash affected his eyes to such an extent he can't even see scratches on the custom watch he is making

mini lesson in 3rd world supply chain disruptions & labor difficulties

- what about blasting the case or other thick plating like cerakote ? i guess after market it's all PITA & mucho dinero

wow... that's sad ( if true ) that the car crash affected his eyes to such an extent he can't even see scratches on the custom watch he is making

mini lesson in 3rd world supply chain disruptions & labor difficulties

- what about blasting the case or other thick plating like cerakote ? i guess after market it's all PITA & mucho dinero

Sure there are things you can do to fix this but that involves spending more money after bad. Point is, he should have received a pristine watch not one that looks like it was a "test piece".
To each his own but sorry, I couldn't except this. Scratches, wrong crystal, bad pip... Not a watch I would offer up for sale as a new custom made watch. Granted its a cool looking watch no doubt, but this kind of sub par workmanship would make me very unhappy.

I'm glad Brad was able to get some relief that he can live with, I guess that's all that is important.

STAY TUNED WITS!!! I broke out the 800 grit, removed the pip and have started the relume process. So far I'm feeling it. I'll post up pics once the lume cures and I finish sand it. I feel better about the situation knowing I can get it better but it's still a little sour. Good news is health and happiness are abound and I am blessed enough to even dabble in the hobby. Like Scotty said, if you play the game long enough you are bound to get a few bumps and bruises. So far this is my first and not a career ender. Stay tuned for the "Botched: Watch Edition" pilot episode. I'm guessing I can have it done tonight then let the lume cure for a day and finish up Thursday evening

yeah...sorry for your bum acid trip Brad... I was trying to post glass half full... but like Joel and the other's have unequivocally posted we wits mostly have low tolerance for SCRATCH ...

well I think of Bill...and wonder if he is laughing and smiling now... cheers officer Sota... it's been a good ride... mostly good , an occasional bump... but a deep draught from the cup of life.

I'm sorry about you dissatisfaction but the TIMEpiece is nice Brad. I hope things can be worked out and the issue will grow on you or can be worked out.

true... it's still cool...and imagine...if it leads Brad to cultivate his horo skills even more... Sota already gives a workmanlike lume job SKULL RING FS CERBERUS'S EYES... good luck and enjoy that ride

and yes by the letter of the law the vendor failed to provide a custom product in satisfactory condition...and Sota deserves an adequate remedy

- in mitigation the poor man in the 3rd world crashed his car and sustained severe injury to the extent the watch maker could no longer see the watch he was making...jeez...

a tough story to listen to...

Please don't get me wrong on this... the watch is pretty cool no doubt. I just feel that you pay for a new product and you should expect it to be in pristine condition when it arrives at your door. Only points taken away from the seller. I certainly won't deal with this guy again...

Back
Top Bottom