🦠COVID-19🦠

Went to Walmart for my routine Saturday grocery trip and no toilet paper, wipes, only a few packs of diapers, no hand sanitizer and most shelves half empty. It was only 10am and there was so many people I couldn’t even get through the aisle.

Went to Walmart for my routine Saturday grocery trip and no toilet paper, wipes, only a few packs of diapers, no hand sanitizer and most shelves half empty. It was only 10am and there was so many people I couldn’t even get through the aisle.

hoarding bad

golden rule good

-greedy panicked horde cudda left u a couple rolls BAH

I remember when the
EminentIncompatibleBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif
hit.
We were delivering pallets of latex gloves and sanitizer. It made winter ice melt customer panic orders seem like nothing. One of my stops in Moorestown NJ ordered so many pallets they ended up eating a bunch of them. One of the divisions of my branch owns factories all over the world making TT, gloves and other paper and chemical products so their stock must be soaring.

The wife sent this pic from Kroger, no toilet paper. So I guess the public freak out stage has hit my community. Governor just came on tv and told everyone to chill out and quit buying more than you need because mothers are having a hard time finding baby formula if they even find it all.
867f18bc6559cca86bb98321751e7b02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like a school of pihranas stripping a carcass clean in the Amazon River

Yep it looks like they raided the place. Guess I’ll have to go to my auto shop and grab what toilet paper is there so my family can have clean butts.

Looks like the shelves have been "wiped" clean.....I really wish Sears was still going strong.....

because...the " novel " corona virus presents unknowns..and creates fear,panic,anxiety...now most of the tyme in our glorious human evolution over the last million years... we lived in trees and caves... and our coms were grunts and whistles... when the snow melted 15,000 years ago we were left with the same evolutionary tools for survival namely SEE SABER-TOOTHED TIGER RUN LIKE HELL...fight,flight,freeze.

even though wiping out all the TP at the big box is not a FRONTAL CORTEX RATIONAL RESPONSE it is A RESPONSE...AN ATTEMPT TO EXERT CONTROL OVER A PANIC INDUCING FACT PATTERN...

panic induces a limbic...rear brain...deeply rooted evolutionary response...and

it's wrong... take what u need leave the rest... live by the golden rule... care about the fam... do charity to strangers, needy & poor...

people need to be better than our ancestors that lived in trees & caves... we'll get through this...this too shall pass.

don't panic don't horde love thy neighbor as thy self

need less want less use less be kind be calm

:banghead:
Travelers Greeted With Hours-Long Airport Lines As Coronavirus Screenings Begin

March 15, 202010:38 AM ET

virus-outbreak-1-a97b0196b8a5811df0f42c95272aa7184656848a-s800-c85.jpg

People wait in line to go through customs at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport on Saturday. International travelers reported long customs lines at the airport Saturday as staff took extra precautions to guard against the new coronavirus.

Austin Boschen/AP

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/15/81606...reenings-begin

Airline passengers returning to the U.S. were confronted with snaking lines causing hours-long delays and confusion at airports around the country starting Saturday as a result of required medical screenings now in place to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

Frustrated travelers took to social media to gripe about the winding lines causing passenger congestion in airports including Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, where some travelers reported waits of up to four hours. A U.S. senator from Illinois said he heard of lines stretching up to eight hours.

ETHDca0XYAE6unH

This is the scene at O’Hare airport. The traveler who took the photo said it’s a 6-hour wait for bags then on to customs for 2-4 more of waiting in shoulder-to-shoulder crowds. Police are handing out water and disinfectant wipes.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/a...DERtWic-vG3D1Y

All bars, restaurants to be closed to dine-in customers in Illinois due to COVID-19 concerns

Posted: Mar 15, 2020 / 03:07 PM CDT / Updated: Mar 15, 2020 / 03:10 PM CDT

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=676341223168984&ref=watch_permalink

WATCH ABOVE: Illinois Governor JB Pritzker announces all bars and restaurants will be closed through March 30 due to COVID-19 concerns

All bars and restaurants will be closed to dine-in customers as of end of business Monday night, through March 30, Illinois Governor JB Pritzker announced Sunday.

“As your governor I can’t allow the gravity of these decisions from taking the measures that experts say will keep people safe,” Prtizker said Sunday.

Pritzker made the announcement during the latest briefing on the spread of COVID-19 in Illinois Sunday afternoon.

Earlier in the day Sunday, Pritzker criticized the federal response to the virus during an appearance on “Meet the Press,” after additional screening measures led to long, crowded lines at O’Hare Airport customs. He continued

“My administration learned through Twitter about the unacceptable and frankly dangerous situation at O’Hare Airport,” Pritzker said. “When I see hundreds of people crammed together at O’Hare in the exact conditions I have been warning about for days, I was furious.”

This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.

In California news this afternoon - all bars/ pubs/ wineries/ brew pubs to close. Restaurants to limit customers to 1/2 normal traffic. All seniors 65 and older to self-isolate at home. Many, but not all, school districts closed for at least 4 weeks. The list goes on & on. My youngest daughter, a single working mother of 4, spent all day trying to buy next weeks groceries; virtually no perishables to be found. Meat, produce, bread, milk, eggs, all wiped out. She came to get a gallon of milk from us. So, we have folks telling us to wash our hands 60 times a day, stay 6 feet away from other people, avoid crowds, cough/sneeze into our elbow, don't touch our faces, etc. So why does everyone think that the production of paper goods is gonna stop? Why is every store in town out of tp, paper towels and tissues? And why has bottled water become such a hot item? What's the mentality? This damn virus thing is taking over our lives. It's all they can talk about on tv. World wide updates, press conferences, body counts...very reminiscent of the kia/mia updates during the Viet Nam era. Definitely a media driven event. Yes, I know it's some serious stuff. But it doesn't need to be pounded into my brain 24 hours a day, everybody wanting to be the first with new bad news. It's scaring the crap outa the grandkids, and now the schools are shut down. They're too young to be getting stressed over things like this. I'm watching my retirement account take a beating, watching my oldest daughter have to go out looking for the things the family needs every day....only to find out that the shelves are bare, watching the talking heads tripping over each other to tell us who's been quarantined in a foreign country. In their efforts to keep everyone calm, they're resorting to sensory overload. And it's gonna get uglier. It's a crazy world.

Sad but all true Gary. And the time limits they have put out there, i.e, schools closed for 2 weeks. I'm hearing today that it will more likely be 2 weeks to start, then another 2 weeks again & again until this passes. Long range forecasters say maybe this will pass by May....We all need to Hang in there. :)

All bars and restaurants in Kentucky to close. All daycares in Kentucky to close this week. My wife owns two daycares, one of them has 160 kids. 160 kids at $135-$195 a week is a big hit to my family. Now I’m getting concerned because my little auto shop can’t pay all the bills. Very few of my customers have been coming in, so what the hell am I supposed to do?

Back
Top Bottom