Input Needed re: Sinn Arktis II v Tudor Pelagos LHD

sgtg1775

Tyme Watcher
Hello All,

I understand: highly subjective, not "correct" in style, dependent upon personal preference, etc. However, any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this world (
I'm in love with the Arktis II with the blue dial, but at 17mm (to top of crystal), I'm worried that it might be too "hockey puck-ish" for my 7in wrist. With that in mind, I'm also eye-balling the Pelagos LHD, but it doesn't seem to be as versatile (matte finish) as the Arktis - not as easy to dress up. (I miiiiight try and wear with a suit occasionally until my budget allows for adding a proper dress watch).

At this point, I don't really know all of the questions I should be asking or taking into account. Any thoughts, especially from those that have either of these, would be greatly appreciated, as well as other suggestions up this alley! (Sinn, Tudor especially.)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!!! I don't think I have seen anyone on here with these 2 but many have one or several from the brand. Not sure if these are the exact ones you were thinking of but
I posted them just for example. Which one is better??? Man that is a tough one. I like a lot of things about each one. Both are well made and look great. I am partial to a busy dial so the Sinn draws me in there. Having said that the dial texture of the Tudor is amazing. I would saw do some homework / pros-cons coupled with the price and see what you like best. As it stands at first glance I am more drawn to the Tudor which goes against what i normally like. Both are a great choice though
SINN_ARKTIS2_DOUBLEWRISTY-1024x683.jpg

Tudor-Pelagos-LHD-review-5.jpg

while SINN ( pronounced Zinn ) is a hot top german micro I have been in lust with long tyme... i feel...due to size constraints, wardrobe , take me to the office etc.

the TUDOR is a strike right down the middle... you could marry it...or be fickle and flip or trade.... imho...the former " working man"s" niche of the brand has garnered much prestige in the last decade and imho currently surfs the crest...

if you are lucky enough to secure a piece of the house of tudor...u can fool around with a chrono or 3-hand tool from the many micros...i'm thinking ZELOS bt EISHAN TANG...

-just tune in to the forum and the fellas will enable u out the wazoo until they got u on the PP CHAIN GANG ( 6 mo no interest PayPal over $99 )

-good hunting !

Well I think you first need to decide which type of watch you really want, a simple 3 hand (with or without date) or a chronograph. If you like Sinn in blue here is a winner... I personally like the Sinn (I have it in black though)

Welcome to the forum!

Sinn 104 St Sa A B E Limited Edition

SINN-104-St-Sa-A-B-E-Limited-Edition-1.jpg

Of course you can grab a 3 hand Tutor in blue...

best-left-handed-watches-1.jpg

Do you have the chance to try the watches on? Esp the Tudor as they are available in many larger Authorized Dealers (hard to fine a Sinn in the wild.)

They are two very different designs. Both will be very well made and I think you'll be happy with either for a long time. What kind of collector are you (or do you think you are?)

Do you want to have conversations about your watch with the general public? Neither are over the top popular brands but Tudor is much more well know by none watch addicts.
Do you put any personal value into Swiss brands? Do you put any personal value into market perception? If so again the Tudor
Would you rather fly under the radar? Then Sinn

If none of that matters and you just want a watch to love, then again I'd try my best to test both out. You did ask about versatility and there I'd give the edge to the Tudor.

best of luck

Good suggestions from our WIT's. For me the less busy dial gets my attention and I don't have experience with either choices. Welcome to our Forum!

I've owned three Sinn, although not the one you are considering and I still own the LDH. I prefer the LDH for many reasons; in-house movement, killer lume, looks great on the bracelet and sporty on the fitted rubber strap and in my opinion Tudor has a deeper heritage than Sinn. That said, you can't go wrong with either.

Back
Top Bottom