NBA CANCELS ALL GAMES untill further notice.

bignoize

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
A un named player on the Utah jazz has tested positive for covid-19 an therefore the NBA has chosen to cancel all games until further notice.
to all BE SAFE, BE WELL

Rudy Gobert. I’m thinking a world class athlete has a great chance at a full recovery.

Who spent 2 hours a night sweating on and touching all the other players, refs, coaches, trainers, people in the front rows within coughing distance. Suspending the seaon for now makes sense. I'm a huge NBA fan and I'm not in the mood to sit around with 18,000 who could be ill and don't know it. Sucks but for now things are going to get weird.

Here in the Bay Area, the Warriors were going to play the Nets tonight at the Chase Center but in front of empty seats. It was going to be Kevin Durant's return to the Bay Area. (He was going to attend but just watch from the sideline.) Who knows when the game will eventually be played and who will be watching.

:dunno:

The NHL is still playing games though. The Sharks are on the road right now and their next home game at The Tank against the Canadiens is on 3-19-20. I wonder if they'll be playing in front of empty seats. The city of San Jose has cancelled all events with at least 1000 people.

It must be really weird to be at a pro sporting event with nobody in the stands. I imagine that you can hear a pin drop. As bad as The Warriors were when I was a kid and they were winning only 20 - 25 games a season, the Oakland Coliseum was always at least about 3/4 full and very loud.

think spanish flu 1918 for playbook...and before that black death...maybe some of the older fellas on the forum might remember measures to prevent polio before they had the vaccine

social distance +1

Back
Top Bottom