🦠COVID-19🦠

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

Am I at risk for COVID-19 from a package or products shipping from China?

There is still a lot that is unknown about the newly emerged COVID-19 and how it spreads. Two other coronaviruses have emerged previously to cause severe illness in people (MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV). The virus that causes COVID-19 is more genetically related to SARS-CoV than MERS-CoV, but both are betacoronaviruses with their origins in bats. While we don’t know for sure that this virus will behave the same way as SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV, we can use the information gained from both of these earlier coronaviruses to guide us. In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods. Information will be provided on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) website as it becomes available.

How coronavirus affects the human body

•Mar 2, 2020

CBS This Morning

At least 89 people in the United States have been sickened with coronavirus across 12 states. Dr. Tara Narula joins “CBS This Morning” to talk about how infectious the disease is and how it affects the human body.

so can COVID-19 survive on packages shipped from china ? not the usual mechanism for viral transmission as mentioned above... that said the outside of any package can harbor viruses or/and bacteria... like has been posted...wash hands frequently cold water same as hot...

don't stick your hands in mouth..nose...ears...eyes... and any other opening for a virus to penetrate... UNBROKEN SKIN is a pretty good barrier to stop a virus...broken skin can act as a port for viral entry... cover broken skin with a band-aid... no kissing the dog on the mouth any more

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000661637906.html

Product Description

Coronavirus

Due to the outbreak of coronavirus in China, the local government (Guangdong Province) just informed (on Jan 28) that the companies should be closed until Feb 9......

So all the orders which have already been paid will have to be shipped after Feb 9. To assure to ship these orders efficiently, I just closed the store. (will open the store on about Feb 9)

If you can't wait, you could cancel the order to get full refund.

Any questions, please feel free to send me a message, I will reply you as soon as possible.

Please don't buy this item........... :)

Thank you!

https://sale.aliexpress.com/[email protected]

Have questions about the coronavirus? Check out the updates from trusted sources below.2019 coronavirus FAQs that we'll address:
What is the 2019 coronavirus and how does it spread?
What are the differences between this coronavirus and SARS?
Can packages sent from China spread coronavirus?
What are the main symptoms of the coronavirus and the possible stages of development?
Can it be cured?
What measures can I take to prevent against coronavirus?

cq3ptg9BCsCHt27YoqdBhL-650-80.png

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ca...packages-china

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...ronavirus.html

If there are any fellow Disney fans out there that might be planning a trip to the Far East parks in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo, all three parks are closed. Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea and Ikspiari (all part of the Tokyo Disneyland Resort) just closed a few days ago and are scheduled to reopen on 3-16-20. The Resort Line Monorail at Tokyo Disneyland is operating however and all of the hotels of the Tokyo Disneyland Resort are open.

I have seen live videos shot at the Asian Disney resorts from fellow Disney fans recently and the properties are pretty much deserted. A few people are staying at the hotels but all of the theme parks are locked up tight. Pretty much all tourist sights in China and Japan are closed so there really is not much to do in those countries if you're a tourist. If you can get a refund on your vacations to those countries, I would strongly suggest doing so.

I told my daughter the same thing. They have two toddlers and my advice is there will be other trips in the future.

Yeah, we did the same thing. I was really looking forward to our family vacation to Hokkaido, Japan and Shanghai, China in June 2020 that we've been planning for about a year but we cancelled it a few weeks ago. Even though people are saying (hoping) that this coronavirus will be gone by then when the weather heats up, the truth is that nobody really knows what will happen since we've never seen this exact virus before so we don't know what will happen in the summer.

Hokkaido isn't going anywhere any time soon so we'll definitely go sometime in the future. My son was disappointed because he had never been to Shanghai Disneyland before but he understood why it's better to be safe.

We've been planning a trip to Switzerland with a side trip to Disneyland Paris for June 2020 instead but we might cancel that too. Coronavirus cases are popping up in Europe too lately.

Maybe we'll just spend our 2020 summer vacation at home in our living room instead. That's the only place that is safe it seems.

Iran has been scrambling to control the outbreak of the coronavirus this week, but the spread of online misinformation is presenting a new challenge to the authorities. False or misleading medical advice, fake letters or remarks attributed to senior officials, and a number of conspiracy theories about the origin of the virus have appeared on Iranian social media and messaging apps in recent days. Officials have so far reported 388 confirmed Covid-19 cases and 34 related deaths in the country, more fatalities than anywhere else outside China. But sources in the country's health system have told BBC Persian that the death toll currently stands at 210.

early indicators COVID-19 mortality rate 2-3%

flu mortality rate .10 %

The FED .50 Rate cut had an opposite effect on the stock market today.?

In Today's headlines:

Ford announced they are restricting all business travel for 1 month.

Google just announced: They are halting all international travel for employees

Other companies are sure to follow.

✈️ When the airlines stop flying...:dunno:

Can’t find hand sanitizer?

The World Health Organization has a recipe to make your own

The animal to human transmission is the scary part! No more dog kisses!
LOL

:nope: Officials keep warning the public not to touch their faces – and then do just that :palm:

JUST IN: 19 crew members and two passengers on board a cruise ship off the coast off California have tested positive for COVID-19.

safe_image.php

SAN FRANCISCO -- Vice President Mike Pence confirmed Friday afternoon that 19 crew members and two passengers on board the Grand Princess cruise ship off the coast of California have tested positive for COVID-19.

A total of 46 people were tested after test kits were delivered to the cruise ship on Thursday.

One of the tests was inconclusive, the vice president said.

One of the stranded passengers on the Grand Princess Cruise Ship is speaking out about her experience.

Debbi Loftus says the ship's captain is coming on every two or three hours to keep passengers updated as to what's going on, including the latest on tests results.

"We should know about 9:00 this morning Pacific Time," said Loftus during a Friday interview with Good Morning America.

Passengers aboard the cruise ship off the California coast have been instructed to stay in their cabins as they await test results that could show whether the novel coronavirus is spreading among the 3,500 people aboard.

A previous passenger died from the illness. Authorities say several passengers aboard the Grand Princess are showing symptoms that could be COVID-19, a cold or flu.

1495397_10152158452789060_1497849093_o.png
Princess Cruise 1 Hour ago...

We can confirm that the results from the first phase of health screenings of 45 guests and crew onboard Grand Princess were completed. We were notified by Vice President Pence while he was conducting a press conference and simultaneously by the CDC speaking to our doctor onboard, that among the samples tested, 21 people have tested positive for COVID-19 which includes 2 guests and 19 crew.

We are awaiting official specific plans for future positioning of the ship from relevant authorities. We will continue to closely follow the guidance of the CDC and other federal and state government authorities, and provide updates as they are made available.

The Strongest Evidence Yet That America Is Botching Coronavirus Testing
“I don’t know what went wrong,” a former CDC chief told The Atlantic.

MARCH 6, 2020

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...avirus/607597/

Through interviews with dozens of public-health officials and a survey of local data from across the country, The Atlantic could only verify that 1,895 people have been tested for the coronavirus in the United States, about 10 percent of whom have tested positive. And while the American capacity to test for the coronavirus has ramped up significantly over the past few days, local officials can still test only several thousand people a day, not the tens or hundreds of thousands indicated by the White House’s promises.

The figures we gathered suggest that the American response to the coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19, has been shockingly sluggish, especially compared with that of other developed countries. The CDC confirmed eight days ago that the virus was in community transmission in the United States—that it was infecting Americans who had neither traveled abroad nor were in contact with others who had. In South Korea, more than 66,650 people were tested within a week of its first case of community transmission, and it quickly became able to test 10,000 people a day. The United Kingdom, which has only 115 positive cases, has so far tested 18,083 people for the virus.

​​​​​​​

Back
Top Bottom