Promaster, Diver!

2manywatches

Tyme Machine
My recent Promaster Skyhawk buy got me looking at other Promaster models – in particular this one that comes in the ultra cool “tank” case. As I’ve said, you don’t wear a watch box, but it’s a nifty little bonus when packaging has a presentation kind of feel to it and, since all my watches have display space, something like this is appreciated, in that it looks good on the shelf.

LiVaCd6.jpg

Still rounding out my collection, this is another watch that I’ve heard great things about, and which comes in various versions. While I have lots of auto and quartz divers, I don’t have a solar one and this one looked particularly toolish and purposeful in its stripped down styling, sporting full ISO 6425 dive specs, and the addition of being a titanium model. Add in the dive tank watch box attraction, plus a great sale price, and it was worth getting.

zA01au8.jpg

6cNmnwX.jpg

I am certainly running out of room to add much that’s new, but a solar titanium (“Super” Titanium is what Citizen calls it) diver is definitely a watch I don’t have, so this actually made sense. I’m curbing my impulse buys, coming to the end of my spree that kicked off from joining up here and getting all excited about watches again, haha, so these last few buys I am only adding where there’s something I really want, that I don’t have in a bunch of other designs or similar styles. This is my last “run” of watches, for this year, or at least that's the plan!

nHWaoi7.jpg

And, once again, like my Skyhawk,. solar has that great little niche spot, with no periodic battery changes, yet no service intervals needed, so just a great watch that is always ready to grab and go with zero bother.

xwMRvPh.jpg

This is a 45mm case, slim 12mm in height watch, on a 20mm poly strap.

iiA2ARf.jpg

mIRTATT.jpg

sNmfDnK.jpg

At full charge this watch will work, in the dark, for 180 days and, although no power reserve subdial is present to monitor charge, I like that they've kept the dial very clean (and it faces the window, on its shelf, so, I know it will always be charged anyway).

Crystal is mineral. Date window at 3 o’clock. Insignia on the screw down crown.

E4T4QMN.jpg

Unidirectional bezel is a bit mushy, not confident, defined clicks, which was disappointing, but not a deal breaker, given that the bezel doesn't run away with itself or anything. Just not that firm action I prefer. I do appreciate that it can get wet without issues and that it has the usual overbuild reliability of any ISO 6425 compliant watch. Decently lumed, sufficient to meet dive specifications.

PKnpemJ.jpg

xIKobBJ.jpg

dHcl4tu.jpg

Strap is very comfortable, and I think the look comes together well, with the black dial, black bezel (not ceramic, not lumed other than the pip) and the black rubber strap.

W46bXSp.jpg

fkGy3Ij.jpg

hIBIE65.jpg

The weight is absolutely feather light and, again while I do like my boulder weight watches on some days, a gem like this that all but disappears on the wrist is a pleasing change, for when I’m not trying to pump iron when checking the time, haha.

Terrific legibility in a high contrast design, comfortable, durable and all for well under two hundred bucks, made this kind of a steal, really. I have a few other titanium watches, including my T-Touch Solar Expert, plus a few poly-carb case models, and, as I say, it’s a nice break to have some watches with almost zero weight to them.

FiPEmmw.jpg

It’s utilitarian, functional and just all about being a simple, straight forward time keeper. Great purchase that I’ll enjoy wearing!

4QJ4RNO.jpg

My final three picks up from this year are on the way. Will post when they arrive.

Keep on watching! :)

Good ol citizen has great lume. Nice watch. You WILL buy more watches this year. Who ya trying to fool :yes:

nice...solar ti... i'm thinking coastal road trip...congrats

VERY Nice pick-up! Killer lume shot! Citizen makes some awesome divers for those who look for them. And I agree the presentation is always a nice plus! But I beg to differ about not wearing the box it comes in ..... :ccc:

100_3442_zps2632494e.jpg

100_3440_zps9d7f7035.jpg

What a classic! I really think they make some of the neatest if not the best presentation boxes in the business

Yes, saw one years ago, at the other forum I was at, and has been on my radar ever since. I'm a sucker for cool boxes lol.

Back
Top Bottom