Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A WiT Discord server as alternative to chat box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A WiT Discord server as alternative to chat box

I was reading this sub-forum and found a fellow member suggesting a chat box (https://watchintyme.com/showthread.php?67661-Chat-Box)

An alternative to an on-site chatbox would be a Discord server. Chatting on Discord is pretty easy, and sub-chatrooms can be created. A lot of gaming & political communities use Discord. Additionally, Reddit watch sub-reddit has a Discord server. What do you guys think?

Tyme Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not personally into certain discussions on a forum where all I want to really talk is watches. The less I know about everyone the more I like them. I prefer to keep things like politics out of a forum based on watches. Just leads to the same old heated crap. We can already discuss movies, cars, music, sports weather, weird animals and all the basics in the off topic or PM each other. Yet if others are game go for it, just not something I'd have interest in playing on. Yet I'm all for people having choices and if that's something people would be into hope it can be done for them.

3. The Following 5 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    Not personally into certain discussions on a forum where all I want to really talk is watches. The less I know about everyone the more I like them. I prefer to keep things like politics out of a forum based on watches. Just leads to the same old heated crap. We can already discuss movies, cars, music, sports weather, weird animals and all the basics in the off topic or PM each other. Yet if others are game go for it, just not something I'd have interest in playing on. Yet I'm all for people having choices and if that's something people would be into hope it can be done for them.
    I meant some political communities use Discord for their internal chats. NOT that We would use it for politics. That would not be what I was suggesting!!

Sent from my landline phone

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Tyme Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard the Grunt View Post
    I meant some political communities use Discord for their internal chats. NOT that We would use it for politics. That would not be what I was suggesting!!

Sent from my landline phone
    Not really my only point. I'm not inot into facebook, instagram or especially reddittt for persoanl reasons. Like I said for me the more people express themselves on the net without a filter the less I like them. I have friends I no longer speak to, family members I no longer want to talk to all for expressing crap they would never say in a actual one on one setting. Found out how racist some of my friends and relatives are because how safe they feel behind a keyboard. Also are willing to put info out there that exposes their true selves I never knew. Now for me that is why I don't like or want to participate in such things. That said I'm all for people having choices and if wanting extra choices here is what people want and it's what the owner and the mods think would be good for the community I'm all for that. It's not for me but that was just expressed why I wouldn't have interest. But I'm just one person , I don't speak for the mass, and I in no way know for certain how things would go in such a setting just voicing my concerns or my likes and dislikes about the idea. Like I said if it can be done and people want a chat box have fun and hope it can happen for those that would like to have such an option.

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    Like I said for me the more people express themselves on the net without a filter the less I like them. I have friends I no longer speak to, family members I no longer want to talk to all for expressing crap they would never say in a actual one on one setting.
    I don't break friendships because some online crap (though people have de-friended me for it, I don't stoop to that level). If I have an issue with someone, I talk it out one-on-one. If someone has an issue with me, I am always open to in-person conversations. I do not shun someone because of their political opinions expressed online. My door is always open for dialogue, and even if I must denounce someone's view online, I still allow them to explain themselves to me one-on-one and I am usually trusting. That's the way I am. I know many others don't behave like that, but I cannot change what I'm like

9. The Following 4 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was the one that started that thread about a CB...

George...I agree and disagree with you...some chats do turn into a mess...it depends on the people...I feel this group here would not fall into the abyss...you share what you want to...or do not participate at all...

I for one enjoy talking real time with friends, not all the time, but a quick discourse about what's happening can be fun...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rapid responses and PM's do work well here.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bundamania View Post
    Rapid responses and PM's do work well here.
    It all works Bunda...when you know someone is online it's fun to chat...a PM is for private convos...

Responses to a thread are not quite the same...be that as it may...I will let this die as it did before...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by repOman View Post
    It all works Bunda...when you know someone is online it's fun to chat...a PM is for private convos...

Responses to a thread are not quite the same...be that as it may...I will let this die as it did before...

There's nothing wrong with new blood wanting new things Repo....Throw it on the wall and see if it sticks.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bundamania View Post
    There's nothing wrong with new blood wanting new things Repo....Throw it on the wall and see if it sticks.
    I'm new blood here, but there's old blood in my viens...LOL

I think the pasta fell off the wall a while back...

17. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast