gman66

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member

Android Divemaster Predator

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

A lovely green machine from the good folks at Invicter! This is a later model of the classic "Ocean Ghost," one of their earliest forays into the world of the larger watch at 48MM. Even ShopNBC's Jim Skelton, who bought three of these babies when they first came out, wasn't completely convinced that they would withstand the test of time...

1b6NDnP.jpg

s5xUCYQ.jpg

ABOuzqr.jpg

jfyXfaC.jpg

In the end, Invicta's new "Ocean Ghost" became one of their most iconic models, and it wouldn't be too much time before the company began pushing the size envelope even farther, to the dismay of more than a few Invicta fans, who thought these larger models were just plain too large, even gaudy. THAT discussion still continues, but I think most of us have accepted the 'old' "Ocean Ghost"... Have a great back nine to your weekend, mes amies!!

Nice! I think an Ocean Ghost was maybe my fourth Invicta buy. It runs the Miyota movement, which was first gen, maybe? I went with the black dial, the rest of it being all lovely gold -- haha, my early love of gold blingy watches!

It doesn't get much wear anymore, simply due to a nasty scratch in the mineral crystal. I plan to just upgrade it to sapphire at some point, or at least swap in a new mineral one. All I see is that darn scratch! Yes, I'm weird like that....

My Hammy "aviation" edition Khaki World Timer. Designed in concert with aerobatic pilot Nicolas Ivanoff, it sports a specially developed quartz movement that relies on units of 12, which takes some adjustment some times to read, especially on the chronograph. World time is changed for display at the touch of a button, although it has an ongoing issue with the world time "minutes" lagging a bit.

Already sent it in once, to be fixed, and I note it is once again lagging. But, the minute hand of current time shows exact minutes anywhere, of course, and the hour indicator of the world time is correct, at least. I remember someone else having this same issue, so I guess the "specially developed" movement was still in beta, when released, haha.....

13pHRSG.jpg

pHgpFHx.jpg

SXOAVCV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom