Vario Trench Watch Prototype

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
36mm case 10mm thick, Miyota 82s5 Auto (hack and wind)

I was supposed to make a 70s field watch but fate has it that I am working on this WW1 Trench watch. Our customers have influenced our design decision in watchmaking since the beginning. Let us know your preference through the survey in our landing page under the prototype tab and if we get enough interest for this watch, we will make it a reality. Photos will be added to the page as we go along.

https://vario.sg/pages/ww1-trench-watch

close_up_1024x1024.jpg

black_dial03sm_1024x1024.jpg

white_dial_1024x1024.jpg
dial_options_1024x1024.jpg

Our customers have influenced our design decision in watchmaking since the beginning. Let us know what you prefer and if we get enough interest for this watch, we will make it a reality. The current sample features a 36mm diameter case 10mm thick, Miyota 82s5 Auto (hack and wind), enamel dial with lumed numerals and lumed hands encased in 2mm double dome sapphire, 19mm wired lugs but I will try to extend to 20.5mm to take 20mm straps. I am currently looking for a vendor who can make me a single pass leather with bund piece for versatility. Watch will likely cost US$250+- for pre-orders and around $350+ for retail.

eclipse_empire_trench02_1024x1024.jpg

Vario Eclipse (38mm), Vario WW1 Trench Watch Prototype (36mm), Vario Empire (38mm)

those are cool...echoes the story before WW1 only chicks wore wristlets...mens had PWs...but to hold a rifle in the trenches of WW I mens put a PW on canvas...voila the wrist watch on trench lugs...old is new again

homage to the original " marriage " watch...PW on wire trench lugs...

36mm pretty accurate historical size for DOUGH BOYS ...now RUSSKIE officers they wore big uns...and OEM flieger IS 54MM worn over flight jacket

as usual I was a 1 man band with my pants on fire for WW1 wire trench lugs...but i do prefer UNITAS

Back
Top Bottom