I give up...maybe...

repOman

Tyme Twister
Alright WITS...after seeing all the watches that you guys have...when do you decide to just let them go...as in...I keep them, but they may end up in the trash...

I ask because selling our stuff is really is a PITA...not that I won't continue to sell pieces that I know have some value...but when do you decide to just take a loss and move on...

I can see that I don't have anywhere near as many as some of you, but I would like to free up some funds, but I can't just give them away...does this make any sense???

Thanks and I'm going out to dinner on Friday night...sure could use a little extra liquid funds...LOL :smiles:

It's cool you've starting here...but then off to the bay.

I would like to sell here...but have seen that it's not a big market to be honest...of course I have sold on the Bay...but it's a struggle...fees and all...

I guess the answer is STOP buying and then you don't need to sell...

How many watches are you willing to just put in the back of the box and forget about??

OK...I'm not cheap...or in need of a handout...LOL...I hope you know...I just wanted a barometer of what you guys have that you would want to sell...and don't really wear...but don't bother.

I probably have between 25 - 40 that meet this criteria. None of them have been worn more than a handful of times, and are in excellent+ condition. I know I wouldn't get much for them, but they're just too nice to dump. And with my limited vision, photographing them & going through the hassle/fees of ebay just isn't worth it. I feel your pain. :dunno:

No I can't leave watches in the box and forget about them. I would rather pass them on and so I take some good pictures and write an honest description, I pick a good time for me as to when I want to ship and watch the auction end then create an eBay auction for $1.00 start with free Priority shipping. I know they will sell for sure at the time and day I decided on, but will get the real market value. Sometimes low sometimes high depending on the watch. It is always exciting to follow the bidding so I get a week of entertainment after which I have sold a watch. Tax refund season is a good time to list.

If you are real lazy just list them all as one lot of watches...... one listing done and gone

i am constantly rotating my watches. I mostly buy to flip though, so I keep a watch for a few weeks and or months and then off to the bay it goes. I have some that I buy for myself, but after a year or two I am done with them and move on. It sucks to lose 10% to eBay, 3% to Paypal and then $3-10 in shipping depending on the weight, but it moves watches. I typically find the baseline for the model that I am selling and undercut the lowest price on eBay, unless of course the one that is cheap on there is beat to crap. We all have a pretty good idea. Let me know if you need any help in anyway.

I mostly gift or give away my watches I don’t wear. The ones that aren’t worth much, I will get a pile together and donate them to a thrift store. You could bundle some lesser value ones and sell them as a lot, saying some work and some don’t. That should make a complaint against you on eBay hard to file. People will use them as parts watches to project on.

Through the years I've learned to keep one thing in mind, always try to buy as low as possible. If and when it comes time to sell a watch, even if it has never been worn, I expect to never get back the initial price paid. I never equate a service that is offered as a loss. I don't know too many companies running a business that will offer free services. PayPal, eBay, USPS or any other shipping service all are part of the process unless you take them to a flea market to set up shop. There are some brands that I would expect to sell for half of what I paid going in. With some others, my goal would be to try to get close to breaking even, if possible, minus the shipping cost, etc. Even if the only thing the watch was used for was to photograph, I liken it to renting something. When the time comes and you take your last tick, imagine what will happen to them. No loss of money or anything else in this world is going to matter when you're six feet under, even if they give or throw them all away. My point being is something is better than nothing while still having some control before the hourglass of time runs out.

I'm slowly passing off my watches to our son. I will probably not sell any, but let him deal with.
My collection is small, around 50 pieces?! I know, compared with some of you
I just don't have the same issues. Good thing Mike has his TARDIS storage thing. LOL

I tend to sell on forums & ebay, Fakebook might be another place to try. I tend to keep my watches more & more lately, that said I do have a few I need to sell to make my wife happy :)

Back
Top Bottom