United Time Group DBA Ashford

4x4ki9N.png
4x4ki9N.png

I read a bunch of stuff before at some MOT's site. They claimed the same thing, but showed no proof. As far as I can tell WatchGooRoo is a seperate entity. Watchgooroo is based in United States and have been selling on eBay since 2005. They run a store called WatchGooRoo. They have few thousand products in stock in Jewelry & Watches category. They are a Top 5000 eBay seller, ranked 3,408th overall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashford.com

Ashford.com is an online retailer of luxury watches and other luxury goods. The company is among the oldest online retailers with an initial launch in January 1997. At one point they were the largest luxury retailer online.[1]

History
Ashford is a retailer that went online in 1999, in Houston, Texas under the guidance of Rob Shaw. In 1999, the company was listed on NASDAQ under the symbol ASFD and underwritten by Goldman Sachs. At launch, the site featured Microsoft’s E-Wallet technology alongside Dell, CDW, SkyMall and a handful of other participants. In 1999, Ashford entered into a partnership with Amazon.com, giving Amazon approximately 16.6% of Ashford.com's outstanding common stock.[2] Around this same time they acquired Timezone.com.

In 2000, Ashford acquired a $25,000,000 three-year loan from Congress Financial Corporation, which it used to acquire Jasmin.com. In 2001, they acquired Guild.com, Watchnetwork.com and renewed their partnership with Amazon.com as well as entering into an agreement with eBay to sell outlet watches. Also in March, a promotion with Amazon led to an accounting conflict that ended in Ashford being fined due to non compliance with GAAP policies.[3]

In September 2001, Ashford was acquired by ecommerce service provider GSI Commerce (formerly Global Sports).[4] Years later in 2003, it was sold to Odimo Inc. who then sold it to the current owner Luxi Group in 2007.

As of 2012, Ashford was ranked #323 on the Internet Retailer Top 500, placing it among the largest web merchants in the United States.[5]

Zai Zhu
Owner at Discount Watch Store
Greater New York City Area

About
Zai Zhu is a watch enthusiast. Interest in wristwatches led him to become an e-retailer of fine watches. Watches are not cheap commodities, especially for a poor college student. That is why Zai started DiscountWatchStore.com, he set the company mission to providing high quality watches at value prices that everyone can afford, including college students. What started as a single brand website in 2002 has now evolved into one of the largest watch specialty sites on the net with over 3500 styles from over 65 brands. Although the website has grown substantially since its early days, the company mission has remained the same: offer customers value and more value.

That's the same info that's been available for a few years now. Something has changed at Ashford though with their product mix and they are selling quite a bit of the same stuff that watchgooroo and discountwatchstore are selling . Maybe they changed their business model but they no longer feature the quality products they once did as their main focus. Even stopped selling the good pre-owned stuff. I have never found any info that directly links them either and I've tried real hard.

My thing is all three sites Ashford, watchgooroo, and discountwatchestore are all selling ISW watches each site every model is $49.99. Hard to find any other sites tht sell that brand let alone all for the same exact price. I guess it could be one great wacky coincidence. Ashford and watxhgooroo are selling the same odd Hunterboots old stock for the same prices. I guess they could all be pulling from the same overstock buys and that would make some sense. Ashford never used to have if you stay on the site a 10 percent popup coupon like they do now but discountwatchstore always has. Some of the ad banners have been the same and the discounts on the ads have been the same. Yet I have tried every search I can think of and have never gotten anything but the same old info. So even if it is walking like a duck, quacking like a duck., and looks like a duck to me I haven't come close to proving a thing other then circumstantial evidence.

Back
Top Bottom