SOTC by brand, 2019, What's yours?

That appears to be one helleva collection Mike. You have amassed some sweet TIMEpieces. Congrats on your collection of TIME.

Just received a tracking number on the Xeric but delivery dated is feb 3. Says Hong Kong express mail must be a slow boat from China .

I need to bookmark THIS THREAD for reference during such times as I think I may be getting out of control....:hat:

2many, PULLLLEEAZE tell me what that lume monster pictured underneath your SUmo is. I need, WANT...Arabics, LOL. :grin:

Ha, yes, this habit goes sideways mighty quick.....

I've already broken my new year plan, but just to grab some stuff on the list from last year. I'm honestly just out of room now, ahahaha, although I'm considering moving! Actually, not for "watch collection" reasons (even I'm not THAT nuts) but I am eyeing a bigger place and certainly wouldn't mind having some more space to keep growing. Seeing other collections, mine feels quite reasonable and tame now!

That lumey loom beauty is none other than the one and only Aragon Bioluminescence, the prior model, and I'm glad I got it when I did, since the updated version is not as much to my liking. The lume here is purposeful as much as decorative.

I see this version is still being sold at the Aragon website, on sale no less! Time to strike! A few models are hanging around at other sites, but for more money, like a hundred bucks more (only $200 at aragonwatch.com). I posted up my review here, when I bought mine, not long ago. I opted for the blue, since I felt it looked best in both daylight and when being all radioactive. It's one of the coolest watches I own, given that I'm a sucker for gimmicks on watches, haha, and I'm a big fan of big LOOOOM!!!!

Some additional pics:

AZz8UjZ.jpg

CKQLGIV.jpg

NCETvDk.jpg

ai0m9SQ.jpg

1l5Q0cH.jpg

The lume is quick to charge and still visible by morning. Very well built as well, so, beyond the awesome lume trick, it's just a great watch!

A stunner! You could guide ships safely to shore with that lume. Outstanding that it includes Tritium. I sure wish I hadn't missed out on the Android days. Some very fine watches I've seen posted here.

Glad I took the plunge with Aragon. I'm liking the new Parma 2, very much. The wishlist is never ending....

Thanks! If I didn't have these older models I would have snagged one of the newer models like you. No matter how many watches I have there is no such thing as "the last one" in this hobby while I'm still alive. I've been saying that's it for years. I start to wean myself from the urge and always seem to fall off the wagon.

Always sage advice. I think it's another weirdness I picked up from prior forums, the concept that less watches is better, or more is too many. I never understood it, on a forum celebrating watch ownership and passion, haha. Amazing that toxic messages still seep in, even when knowing better. Never too old for peer pressure, it seems. Another reason to celebrate the positive vibes found here. Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated as always. One can quit collecting, if so desired, or not, and either is all good.

That Aragon is fascinating, and you're right. The 2.0 with the batons doesn't look near as handsome. Unfortunately for me, I can see now that it has an integrated bracelet. That's a deal breaker for me, as I have to switch out to straps.

Understandable. For me, the bracelet is what made the watch. My first and only lumed bracelet, haha, quite the novelty act!

State Of The Collection For Feb. 2020 Video #1

Feb 10, 2020

AGF-l7-xbR2CrkSb0vApSmxwUnJme6V7omuys3ayvg=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

SaleenDriver

Well, here it is! Its time for the much requested, highly anticipated State Of The Collection video series for Feb. 2020. This will be video 1 of 3. This video will cover all watches in my collection that are not Seiko and are not Zelos. I hope you enjoy yourselves.

2019 purchases: Zero

From a collection of about 400 (give or take a few)

I only bought two cheap watches in 2019 and zero so far this year. Like you I have about 350 to 400 watches. It's not that I don't want to buy it's that what in the hell with the variety I already have will really add anything to my collection that offers anything really new or unique. No longer an impulse buying freak. So I'm enjoying what I have and watching everyone else here have the fun of buying and just enjoying that.

I only bought two cheap watches in 2019 and zero so far this year. Like you I have about 350 to 400 watches. It's not that I don't want to buy it's that what in the hell with the variety I already have will really add anything to my collection that offers anything really new or unique. No longer an impulse buying freak. So I'm enjoying what I have and watching everyone else here have the fun of buying and just enjoying that.

The thrill is gone... Not really, but every time I see a watch that I like and think, "do you really need anther watch?" I realize obviously I don't. There are so many in my collection that don't see the light of day or are hardly ever worn it just doesn't make practical sense to buy another. Maybe if I sold off a bunch I would be more incline to pick up something new. Also being retired my $$ don't go as far as they once did... That being said, I do enjoy peeping the watches my fellow WITs pick up and then show and tell here on the forum.

State Of The Collection For Feb. 2020 Video #2

Feb 17, 202o

AGF-l7-xbR2CrkSb0vApSmxwUnJme6V7omuys3ayvg=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Continuing my video series on my State Of The Collection for Feb. 2020, I present video #2.....The Seiko lineup. I hope you all will enjoy it.

Right now in the collection (not including my "sell" pile from watches from years ago that never see wrist time)

Deep Blue (7)
Renato (7)
Benarus (1)
Raven (6)
H2O (5)
Nicolet (1)
Armida (1)
NFW (1)

Trying to keep the collection to 30 - any new incoming means one has to go. I don't need more watches than days in a month. My two favorite additions were both H2O models - the 10 Mile (which is the ultimate depth rated dive watch out there) and the new K2 6000 quartz edition which is a stunner and great grab-and-g0.

For 2020, I have a Deep Blue Scuba T100 on the way arriving tomorrow - but other than that, I bet I maybe buy only 1 or 2 this year. It's getting harder to select watches to sell - I'm at a point that I don't want to let anything go, and I don't want to get above 30, so it better be pretty damn special if I'm going to buy it.

Here's the 10 mile pictured next to my other H2O titanium model (K2 6000m) and a pic of the new K2 6000m quartz:

Untitled by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

H2O Kalmar 2 6000m quartz by Robert Terrill, on Flickr

The thrill is gone... Not really, but every time I see a watch that I like and think, "do you really need anther watch?" I realize obviously I don't. There are so many in my collection that don't see the light of day or are hardly ever worn it just doesn't make practical sense to buy another. Maybe if I sold off a bunch I would be more incline to pick up something new. Also being retired my $$ don't go as far as they once did... That being said, I do enjoy peeping the watches my fellow WITs pick up and then show and tell here on the forum.

No truer words Joel...I think for a new start this spring I'm going to try and sell off a bunch...may have to price them to go but otherwise they sit and collect dust...

I still see a new watch that really like...but as you said...do I need it? NO...but I would like to have it...of course...

Back
Top Bottom