I need your opinion...FOUND HIM LOL

I need your opinion...FOUND HIM LOL

• Total voters

sota0003

Tyme Master
Founding Member
OK first off I have to acknowledge that this is most definitely a first world problem. so as you all know I’m getting a new custom piece made. He’s been working on it for two months. Apparently it was just about finished two weeks ago but now there’s radio silence from the watchmaker. I’ve sent two emails just to see where he’s at but no response. I don’t want to be impatient but after two months I would hope he would have an idea, roughly, as to when he might be able to expect it to be about finished or at least an update. Yes it’s just a watch but it does cost money. Having said that I haven’t sent him any money yet. My question to you is: do I go ahead and move on if something else comes up or do I hold tight? I imagine most answers will be: if you really like the watch and really want it wait. I really really want that watch but I hate to pass and something else if maybe the guy got sick or he decided not to finish it or something like that. Anyways thanks for listening to my rant

As you mentioned things happen. The guy could have taken ill, had a death in the family or anything. I would say give it a little while longer factoring in that you really like the watch. I've had to wait longer to hear back from Clemens (H20)) on a watch that cost $1,000. I'd be thankful no money was sent. That would also be taken into consideration if it was me. Maybe he is on vacation or something. In the end only you can decide how comfortable you are with the wait.

Anyways thanks for listening to my rant

Not a rant at all Brad...as you said and I agree...if you really are stoked about this piece I'd wait...and as Mike said...no money has changed hands and that's good...

Maybe send another email letting him know your concerns and that you may need to pass if you don't hear back...of course letting him know that you understand that he may be having personal issues that are out of his control at the moment.

Just my .02

Not a rant at all Brad...as you said and I agree...if you really are stoked about this piece I'd wait...and as Mike said...no money has changed hands and that's good...

Maybe send another email letting him know your concerns and that you may need to pass if you don't hear back...of course letting him know that you understand that he maybe having personal issues that are out of his control at the moment.

Just my .02

Ditto...exactly what I was thinking. Send another email letting him know you are anxious only because you are so excited to pay and own this awesome piece. But that if something has happened, please inform you so you can reluctantly move on.

Good luck and positive vibes sent your way.

I can't believe the guy started building you a watch without at least a deposit. So, if he hasn't replied to you after 2 attempts, he's not going to. He probably bumped you for customers who paid something in advance.

Yeah I agree about a custom watch with no deposit. That seems like a bad business decision to me by the watch maker. Too many times people flake out or change their minds. That was the first thing that I thought when I read Brad did not have any money tied up.

If you haven't sent him any money, I'd say just be patient and wait. You haven't lost anything in the deal.

Now, if he starts asking for payments to continue the work...that's another story. That bridge hasn't been crossed yet though.

sorry no tyme to read all posts...but I read the fact pattern

be reasonable

give a reasonable time plus...a little extra for golden rule...

back off

take a breath...

Dear Sir, as u know i am a fanboy-very much enamored-like-love...your custom tools-steam punk-1-off ginormos...---pick 1

I hope you are able to complete my...tool...according to specs... in a reasonable time...how about 1 mo-3 mo-6 mo... IN GOOD AND WORKING CONDITION...GURARANTEE/\\

Please let me know if you accept these terms and conditions.

As agree I shall pay STATE AGREED PRICE AND SHIPPING WITH SPECIFICITY--- upon 72 hour notice of completion. Completion shall be defined as...pictures/ e-mail it's finished and a beauty !...picture of DHL RECEIPT/ GINORMO WRAPPED IN PADDED BOX T WRPAPPED TIGHTER THAN A CLAM'S EAR...

good luck...ROAD WARRIOR said...imagine u R sick/your daughter sick/ high paying travel job/ a million problems that beset humanity...

I have been reading MARCUS AURELIUS AND SENECA

BRAD well penned with MODESTY-HUMILITY - SELF-DEPRECATION... all lost virtues " I KNOW THIS IS A FIRST WORLD PROBLEM "

yes it is... collecting a mirror to the soul... like THE DAUGHTER OF THE 106 YEAR OLD JAPANESE MAN SAID " he never got angry "

I failed to mention on the previous build he did for me I put a deposit down insured via PP. i’m guessing he didn’t do that this time since we have a rapport with one another. Just surprised he has a watch essentially finished but no update. Plenty of timely updates before. I hope he is healthy and just busy making money and supporting his family

Isn't this the one that had the nicks ion the case? Maybe he is considering what his options are before he gets back to you? New case or try to smooth them them out on the original.

sorry no tyme to read all posts...but I read the fact pattern

be reasonable

give a reasonable time plus...a little extra for golden rule...

back off

take a breath...

Dear Sir, as u know i am a fanboy-very much enamored-like-love...your custom tools-steam punk-1-off ginormos...---pick 1

I hope you are able to complete my...tool...according to specs... in a reasonable time...how about 1 mo-3 mo-6 mo... IN GOOD AND WORKING CONDITION...GURARANTEE/\\

Please let me know if you accept these terms and conditions.

As agree I shall pay STATE AGREED PRICE AND SHIPPING WITH SPECIFICITY--- upon 72 hour notice of completion. Completion shall be defined as...pictures/ e-mail it's finished and a beauty !...picture of DHL RECEIPT/ GINORMO WRAPPED IN PADDED BOX T WRPAPPED TIGHTER THAN A CLAM'S EAR...

good luck...ROAD WARRIOR said...imagine u R sick/your daughter sick/ high paying travel job/ a million problems that beset humanity...

I have been reading MARCUS AURELIUS AND SENECA

BRAD well penned with MODESTY-HUMILITY - SELF-DEPRECATION... all lost virtues " I KNOW THIS IS A FIRST WORLD PROBLEM "

yes it is... collecting a mirror to the soul... like THE DAUGHTER OF THE 106 YEAR OLD JAPANESE MAN SAID " he never got angry "

images.jpg

huh BUND ? beware sophists and refrain from sophistry...oh BRAD all jmho -- please feel free to disregard...CONFUCIOUS SAY man who post thread for advice on net forum...shall.....

Yes that’s correct. The nicks were on the bezel so maybe he had to make a new one or had a little more involved repair process than he anticipated. That’s fine but communication is key as we all know

No, everybody’s opinions are welcomed and encouraged. I think we’re pretty much all on the same page here for the most part

I failed to mention on the previous build he did for me I put a deposit down insured via PP. i’m guessing he didn’t do that this time since we have a rapport with one another. Just surprised he has a watch essentially finished but no update. Plenty of timely updates before. I hope he is healthy and just busy making money and supporting his family

DOH you have a prior relationship...yeahCONFUCIUS SAY " man post first read later...

and VERY RELEVANT COMMENT ABOVE...ISN'T THIS THE ONE WITH THE NICKS...so it has to be plated...maybe best ...like a beastly sand blast...if he offers that technology...or the case can be...???sanded??? slightly graded in situ ????i mean ...this has happened before...man has worked with metals ...bronze age...iron age...6000? years...

i'm thinking GUNS,GERMS STEEL

Not plated. In the raw. Maybe new part or refinish/sand/brush old part is the delay

I'd take your advice, SB.. lol

3p82r7.jpg

:smiles:

You already have history with this guy and may be those pesky nicks are an issue?
The deposit is a non-issue as you did biz with before and were satisfied with his work!
I voted for wait.

Back
Top Bottom