⌚ Interesting find and a great deal...I think

repOman

Tyme Twister
I was trolling around the other day and came across this brand...Defakto...a German micro that had some nice looking pieces. Minimalist and modern, but nice none the less.

After some reasearch I found that they have good reviews, watches made in house in Germany with ETA 2824's inside...so I looked around...there were two places I found to get one...their website in Germany and one in the US...Watchmann.com.

The auto models were going for around $750 which is more than I wanted to spend...so I started digging for one elsewhere...there were a couple on the Bay, but still more than I wanted to spend. Then I stumbled on this buying/selling app and there was one for $91...:wow:

I was a bit skeptical, but after some back and forth with the seller I took the plunge...what I got was a pristine Defakto Akkord...needless to say I'm happy...let me know what you guys think...I know the minimalist style is not for everybody and I usually don't feel attracted to it, but this was a deal I could not pass up.

Here you go...

BTW...thinking about switching the strap...any suggestions? Need to keep it simple.

df7321c54f244f9db64.md.jpg

df58f2b5bae03594f7d.md.jpg

df6d1ead7892e1e02f8.md.jpg

df3007c044e95880b02.md.jpg

Lume's not bad either...in the light...
df137963d173be81ef6.md.jpg

Never heard of the brand myself. Looks nice and how can you pass on an ETA movement for that price? Just checked out their web site and I would definitely buy one at that price! 42mm for me is on the small side but it is the smallest size I would buy. IMO a black mesh strap would look great on it.

Looks great. I say check out a black strap like this with some white or light silver stitching

Just the ultimate clean dial vibe and a great price too, nicely done!

strap looks nasty NO OFFENSE take 'er off your hands no loss to you

joking...awesome-jealous- in house eta 2824 german micro mondaine minimalism bauhaus fin
ish... very cool...

That was a good buy and something different for your collection. As for the strap , it's simple , compliments the watch , and clean too. Just keep it and wear it out before you put the gator on the watch.

buying/selling app worked good for you. Endless combinations with black straps. Enjoy if you change it. I like it now :up:

I decided to go along with johnro6659 and put the Akkord on a StrapsCo milanese...I think it looks great too...funny thing as I was taking off the leather it came apart at one end at the spring bar...go figure.

df98b32ad806add01aa.md.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

df10560f9072db5394d3.md.jpg

df11ec8b5b65fd82bf09.md.jpg

DANG IT, reap-Oh(!), I'm ALL JELL-JELL now!! And not just de-facto Jell-Jell, but DEFAKTO JELL-JELL, GOSH-DANG-IT-TO-H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!! I mean, HAYELL!! Ninety-one doll-hairs for that fine piece of WATCH FLESH!! It don't GIT no better'n'at, y'know? (Why, ACCOURSE yew dew!! Ain't THAT some HAPPY CRAPPY? Don't tell ME, I'll tell YOU!!) And did I mention that I'm all JELL-JELL? I DID? WHALE SHUX!! Who'd'uh THUNK'AT? Naught me!! Well, anyway, CONGRATULATIONS & sew fourth on yore ackwhizzi- ackwhizziti- ACK-WHIZ-ZISHEN of this fyne tymepiece!!

Enjoy the Alan HALE outta it in good health, and enjoy it for many, many, MANY moons to come, kemosabe! :dance2:

Crazy great price for that fine watch! Congrats on that terrific pick up! I think the complexity of the strap choice is a fine compliment to the stark simplicity of the dial. Nice combo!

Back
Top Bottom