A bit of a dilemma

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
When shopping today and while at Off Saks I was checking out watches and they are having a huge sale basically 60% off watches and another 10% is I buy now during a presale. My dilemma is what watch to choose. I narrowed it down to two a Raymond Weil Tango 300 or Philip Stein Classic Round Chrono. Both close to the same price the RW is only 42mm and the PS is 45mm. I prefer a watch larger than the 42 they just seem small to me but it is a Raymond Weil and I am not familiar with the Philip Stien brand. Both are quartz so that isn't a factor. I might not buy either because I just got a watch in the mail today and two or three more coming. Just paid off my Saks card from my last purchase so it's wide open....

Click image for larger version  Name:	RW 300.png Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	677232

Click image for larger version  Name:	91QLpyDlH0L.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	677233

I'm going with the crowd...not sure then pass...you have three or four coming...LOL...not sure :dunno:

You paid off your Saks card...let it cool off and see what come down the pipe.

Buying just because I have a coupon or can get a sweet deal is a reason I have about 75 watches I wish I'd left at the store or site. Finally getting over my ocd need to own more of something at a great price has finally got me to be more selective. In the meantime I've learned to love what I amassed before hand even more. Like everyone has wisely said if it isn't hitting every button why put it in the house just because you can get a nice deal. Nice deals come along everyday so waiting for the right watch that comes with that deal is the best way to go. Man I wish I'd learned that 15 years ago.

Like you have been saying for years not an exact quote but philosophy "he who has the most stuff doesn't actually win, they just have the most stuff and less space for what they need" I'm guilty of the most stuff, but finally have controlled the beast into now a more tame pet.

Thanks guys, I decided to skip getting either one after giving them a second look today. They had nothing else I was interested in but the girl told me to check online. Seems like they carry the exact same brands and models as TJ Maxx but for a much higher prices even with the sale.

Thanks guys, I decided to skip getting either one after giving them a second look today. They had nothing else I was interested in but the girl told me to check online. Seems like they carry the exact same brands and models as TJ Maxx but for a much higher prices even with the sale.

nice forum where wits are allowed to preach gospel of the NBZ... CURIOUS GEORGE 2 points UN-ABLING...thx STEVE...guess even if we don't pull the trigger we still get " seeded with cookies "

Normally I have a limit on what I'll pay for a watch and it's $500.00 anything more is in the NBZ. I might break my self imposed limit for the right watch. Finding watches on sale is a big deal for me, especially when I pay so little for some to the point I could resell them for more than I paid. Of course gifts are always a plus! Movado, Victorinox and Wenger are always well below the lowest online prices. They had several Bulova watches there and I love the brand but wasn't impressed with their selection. I wish they had the Limited Edition Fortis I saw a couple weeks ago. I would have defiantly snapped that up for 70% off!

Take it from an experienced pro; buy what you want rather than what is on sale. Otherwise you'll end up with 300+ watches in cases with dead batteries!

Back
Top Bottom