Invicta Solid 18K Rose Gold ?

I am looking at vintage watches that are smaller and contain way less gold than what everyone is thinking. They are out there in autos for $600, just need to find the right one.

Solid gold watch for under a $1000... good luck with that! Be sure to let us all know when you find that deal... :pray:

back in the day sold as solid AU case ...PHILIPE SWAN MECK... under 1k...i shudda kept mines

LOL, next thing we know, someone will be saying the diamonds aren't real! Or the meteorite is not real! Or the 7750 is not a 7750! Or the MSRP's are insanely faked! Oh....wait....ahahahaha. Gotta love the boldness of the "I" brand to state their blasphemous case....

I hope not because I have quite of few meteorite dials and some diamond pieces. Never checked the authenticity of both.

Likewise, just flowing with the usual gripes, haha, despite my affection for the brand. They do surprise, at times.

I have a COSC model, for example, that uses the same basic movement of a "superquartz" although Breitling does spruce up their version. But, for less than two hundred bucks, compared to a few thousand, at least, with Breitling, it's a dead accurate quartz piece. Chris Ward also uses the same movement, but charges a lot more (I have that version, as well).

Funny story though, Invicta does not provide the actual COSC Certificate, despite the watch having a COSC Certification number assigned. I guess my point is that people have a basis for doubt, I suppose, based on past foibles. Given the price point, I don't complain, but, for a watch from them with given claims of high value elements, and a high price tag, I'd likely put my pennies elsewhere.

I mean, to spend a lot, at all, for an Invicta, and then open up the case and see NOT the movement you thought you paid for, inside, for example, is why I personally don't choose to spend big with them. Other brands do the same, but at least advise that you could be getting one movement, or another (ETA or SW). I think they've cleaned up their act, a lot, since issues came to light (even pulling "Swiss Made" off of dials where they had fudged the facts) but, yes, doubts remain in plunking down a lot for big claims.

What's the old adage -- extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, or something?

Back
Top Bottom