McDonald's - Gripe !

bundamania

Tyme Twister
They tried to charge me $2.89 + tax for a total of $3.15 for a lg. order of french fries... 10 cents for the potatoes and the rest for the $15 an hour employees. No way I'm paying that. My problem is I remember 79, 89, 99 cents for the three sizes. My days at McDonald's are over...which is probably better health wise.

That was a deal man. I live in Idaho, the potato state, and my large fry I bought last time was 4.99 plus tax. That damn potatoes are farmed not more than a block away!

They tried to charge me $2.89 + tax for a total of $3.15 for a lg. order of french fries... 10 cents for the potatoes and the rest for the $15 an hour employees. No way I'm paying that. My problem is I remember 79, 89, 99 cents for the three sizes. My days at McDonald's are over...which is probably better health wise.

Maybe try cooking fries at home. You can buy a five lb bag for $4.99. Blaming working stiffs for being paid a fair livable wage isn't the answer. Blame corporate greed for paying $7.25 minimum wage for almost a decade. Keeping prices low and profits high. They made windfall profits while people super-sized to stuff food in their gut. Many workers barely make ends meet. Even the college kids struggle with paying rent, student loans, etc. After all of that, they are lucky to have money left to eat.

There ya go. Stock up the freezer with a few bags of fries. Think of the time, gas, tax and money you will be saving not driving to a fast food joint.
You also won't have to worry about having spit, feces and rodent or human hair in your food.

Also, download the McD app and you can find deals of the week. I haven't had mcD's fries in years because my kids grew out of eating there.

They are just trying to help you, in the fight against inflation:dance2:.................of the WAIST LINE!:lol:

:hmm: That was the logic our POS mayor used when he put the soda tax into effect which cost a lot of jobs. No one was going to pay $1.00 tax on a $1.19 two liter bottle of soda. The beverage business dropped significantly and people just crossed over the bridge to NJ to stock up on beverages.

My doctor gives me a sermon about beverages. He likes to pull out his Snapple bottle prop and ask how many servings are in the bottle. I smile and look around and his nurses are making crazy eyes and shaking their head. I said in a perfect world doc you would have hair on your head, I would be ten pounds lighter and no one would be drinking sugar filled beverages. The threshold is a lot more stringent for BP and other vital signs when having a CDL. Jumping through hoops to keep a commercial license is a good thing in that regard. It forces you to be aware of what is going on with your body.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...er-study-shows

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/ne...r-beverage-tax

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...dy/3677713002/

Yeah man. I couldn't believe it either. Maybe it was 3.99 and I thought it read different. Either way, it should cost me nothing here since we grow them.

Yeah, you guys are right about the fries not being healthy. I'll have a pizza instead. Wait, does it count a better, that the fries make you have a great big poop the next day? Try doing that with a Snapple!

yeah i remember nickel candy bar...cigs 50 cents...and my dad talked about nickel movies & nickel beer & lunch...

used to be recessions allowed prices to fall...but the population can't take the pain of falling prices anymore so they helicopter cash nowadays ...still..the E-Z money is mostly finding a home in financial assets ( stocks, real estate ) college tuition, health care...more than fries ... and not wages as robots drive trucks and check out groceries and drones deliver packages etc.

Back
Top Bottom