Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trash or Treasure? Invicta Pro Diver

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Blame, well not the Host's fault there are issues with product and the CEO/ President does shoulder the Buck-Stop-Here, thing. Pretty straight forward, pretty much the buying public's fault for not doing their homework as it were.
    Belonging to A Forum helps to know and become educated about the Watches so I'm thankful for this forum. Guess I'm agreeing with you Mike, except for Top Dog blame
    thing.

I agree Gregg, but more times than not, the majority of company top guys are guilty of the same thing. When it comes to profits and stocks they will say or do anything to increase profits. I'm the last person who is going to defend Invicta for shady stuff they have done, but fair is fair. He is smart enough to see the weakness of so many customers and he caters to those people without having to compromise his lack of customer service or integrity. I think a lot of this stuff gets amplified by people who jump on the hate bandwagon who really have no basis for their criticism. I'd be curious to see if many of these clowns ever owned any Invicta watches or had issues if they did and yet they are the biggest whiners.

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hate gives Hater's something to do! LOL

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    And farts give a-holes something to do too!

Welcome to WatchinTyme, where you don't have to wipe your feet before entering! But don't bother me because I'm on my coffee break!

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've mentioned from time to time (in another context) - what's said isn't the problem, it's what's believed.

As to being an extension of a 15 second ad this is perhaps correct but it reminds me of a science class that I slept through which stated "nature abhors a vacuum". I've you've got 15 seconds worth of stuff to say but have to fill a 20 minute TV spot then it's reasonable to assume that you've got 19 minutes and 45 seconds worth of vacuum that is filled with, well, what exactly? Sometimes it's just legends and myths, bad advice and strained comparisons. There's no rule stating that you have to compare your problem-ridden DD speedway with a Daytona or El Primero but the temptation must be great when you're staring into the unblinking red light on the camera while perspiring heavily about the waist.

Net results vary wildly but one is a polarized set of netizens prepared to pounce on a short review whether positive or negative so the poor 'Tuber forestalls the inevitable tsunami of comments with background, qualifiers, caveats and preemptive diplomacy. Sometimes, not always, this results in the point being buried 3 meters deep in an effort to avoid offense. Ironic, since the review was actually positive.

Salesfolks will indeed do what they see fit to sell a product but some rules and conventions exist. Some exist for very good reasons. Compare something too closely and you'll find yourself in court clutching your Ricochet or trying to avoid feeding all your Tri-mixes to a wood chipper. One could probably fill a 20 minute TV spot with nothing other than what a watch is but the temptation to fill it with what the watch isn't proves to be very tempting.

The poor 'Tuber is merely reacting to the environment he finds himself in. But ShopNBC (more than Evine if that matters) contributed materially to that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Salespeople are doing what they are paid to do, sell items. Pointing the blame at Eyal or TV host is kind of lame. It's the gullibility of others that feeds the monster. Imagine if everything was formulated like Columbo, where we saw the murderer carefully execute his plan at the beginning of each episode. Already knowing who was responsible. Witout the battle of wits, Columbo vs killer, it would have been a boring short-lived show. Many of these tubers also would have no content if it wasn't for all of the fluff generated by human compulsive nature, just like so many shoppers for anything in this commercial world we live in. Evine and any other shopping show is nothing more than an extended version of the fifteen seconds commercial or any other ad. For as long as newspapers, magazines and any kind of media long before TV ever existed, they have helped to enrich many people and companies with the help of BS.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Salesfolks will indeed do what they see fit to sell a product but some rules and conventions exist. Some exist for very good reasons. Compare something too closely and you'll find yourself in court clutching your Ricochet

I'm sure there is a YouTube episode of it LOL.

Out of how many episodes on ShopNBC/Evine something like this is bound to happen sooner or later. IMO they are doing pretty good average wise. Thank the Lord the average idiot has this stuff to educate the witless like some of us. Especially helpful in video form for the ignoramus who doesn't know how to read, but can follow the pictures.

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On average they do a pretty good job of not going the last step too far. In the inevitable forum debates following the Ricochet it was noted that Hamilton division stood by while dozens of shield-shaped watches went to market. True enough but if my memory of the court documents is correct the Ricochet would have lived a long life but for Tim once mentioning the MIB movies. That was a no-no. No other homage maker stepped on the land mine of actually saying "Elvis" or "MIB" out loud.

Ditto the SWI episode. They had a couple cease and desists from AP but it's possible nothing would have happened until someone on their streaming show uttered the forbidden words: "Royal Oak" - then it was Katie bar the door.

IWG and the TV folks have not to my knowledge ever gone that last step of actually saying something too specific. Similarly Wing got good mileage out of his dual balance wheel product but the word "Breguet" never was uttered.

Anything like "MIB" or "Royal Oak" has a radar signature akin to a tinfoil covered Hindenburg to the IP holder.

Such mistakes tend not to make it into marketing materials but on live TV there are rare but memorable cases of a host accidentally rolling a live grenade across the sound stage.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Tyme Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
    On average they do a pretty good job of not going the last step too far. In the inevitable forum debates following the Ricochet it was noted that Hamilton division stood by while dozens of shield-shaped watches went to market. True enough but if my memory of the court documents is correct the Ricochet would have lived a long life but for Tim once mentioning the MIB movies. That was a no-no. No other homage maker stepped on the land mine of actually saying "Elvis" or "MIB" out loud.

Ditto the SWI episode. They had a couple cease and desists from AP but it's possible nothing would have happened until someone on their streaming show uttered the forbidden words: "Royal Oak" - then it was Katie bar the door.

IWG and the TV folks have not to my knowledge ever gone that last step of actually saying something too specific. Similarly Wing got good mileage out of his dual balance wheel product but the word "Breguet" never was uttered.

Anything like "MIB" or "Royal Oak" has a radar signature akin to a tinfoil covered Hindenburg to the IP holder.

Such mistakes tend not to make it into marketing materials but on live TV there are rare but memorable cases of a host accidentally rolling a live grenade across the sound stage.
    I remember the launch of this watch and Tim more then once mentioned a certain movie which was about to come out(MIB III) which Hamilton had a ad structure around the watch and movie. In this case he did it the whole first day of the launch as the movie was out that weekend. For once I felt sorry for Larry. That's where the hammer ended up nailing that watches coffin. Yet there was a time when Larry was promoting his Hublot knock-off Apocalypse and with Skelton next to him, he kept saying what a "big Bang" the watch was. Did it a number of times with Skelton actually trying to stop him but Larry was not backing off. Live tv and salespeople can be a bad mix.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ShopNBC 2010_03_21 Larry Magen with Jim Skelton 12AM TTV Apocalypse Trifecta

16. The Following Like This Post

Tyme Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    ShopNBC 2010_03_21 Larry Magen with Jim Skelton 12AM TTV Apocalypse Trifecta

You are the man RW. At about 2:12 is the first time it happened. Believe he did it the following day on Sunday later in the day as well. Don't know how you do it, but you are a wizard of the search and find.

18. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12