50 year old Rolex 1601 Dj

mstnpete

Tyme Machine
Happy Friday Everyone!

Here's the Before and After Look ...
I went and had the watch serviced at Tourneau which is a Swiss Watch repair center - official Rolex repair center..

Before...

8a9313aa1280b9701c36b6524404dec5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's hard to tell how bad the original looked not having old and new photos that have the same clarity. The original looks bad, but it's a bad photo.

I'm going to agree with Mike on this, but I can say that the after pics are amazing. The watch looks fantastic. Would love to have an oldie like this. Enjoy that sir.

This was my Father's watch that was not at all taken cared of for many years.
It sat in storage and was not wound or worn. When he gave it to me it was not working. I am happy with the turn out.
And now I can enjoy it for another 50 years!

Cheers!

It's hard to tell how bad the original looked not having old and new photos that have the same clarity. The original looks bad, but it's a bad photo.
That was the way I got it. It was in bad shape...

The acrylic glass had a crack. Watch jad a dent, Dial was scratched up, crown was replaced. Took 6 weeks for full restoration.
Was given 2 years warranty for the movement.

Wow, what a beautiful family heirloom! Congratulations on restoring that beauty to like new condition. :up:

I will start the same tradition in my family. My son will inherit my vast collection of Invicta watches. In 50 years, I hope that he enjoys cleaning crystal haze a lot! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom