Ideapixel Custom Piece Part 4...The Hands

Ideapixel Custom Piece Part 4...The Hands

• Total voters

sota0003

Tyme Master
Founding Member
I was hoping for a more skeletonized hand but i think these work nicely to pass the glance test on a dark and busy dial. Hopefully he will be able to wrap it all up next week. He did me a solid by sneaking me into his mix. He said he's super busy but was able to make one for me. What do you guys think about the hands?

DCBF6519-1BBE-4633-B872-ECA9174FC88A by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

Hard to tell about the hands just from one photo. The size seems fine and large enough to have a decent amount of lume applied. What happened with the nicks in the case?

Haven’t heard back yet with that. I guess I’ll know once he’s finished. Last time he sent me a finished photograph. Even with the language barrier I did exactly what you did and circled the imperfections so I’m sure he will see that. I can’t imagine he wouldn’t fix those before he sends the watch out. I just can’t quite figure out how they got there when the real rough photo that he sent me when it came out of the shop didn’t have them

I guess it's his problem. Without doing a whole new case swap I'm not sure how much SS can be removed to make a deep cavity disappear without messing up the landscape and curves of the entire case to keep things uniform.

Yeah, my fear is that he has to get a whole new bezel cut. Having said that I would imagine he can remove or drill out the pips then sanded down past the nicks and then re-drilled the holes. Maybe another half a days work at most?

I think you’re right. The watch is a punch in the face so maybe the hands should be too and not subtle like skeleton hands would be

jmho BRAD... could not tell from the shaded photo ...but not sure to use GILDED BRUTALIST IN THE pix...or SS BORDER ON THE HANDS...cook's choice BRAD...looks awesome...live the dream...

and solid hands is just my " preference " some guys like skelly... but I always prefer smack me in the face high viz... number 1 in a watch is to tell tyme... but that's all just me

Even though I like the new choice. I'm favoring the Skelly hands which give balance to this monster piece! Just gives off the perfect floating vibe!

Yeah, I had to look twice to make sure they weren’t gold if that’s what you mean. I don’t think they are. I just think it’s the lighting

I was undecided here, but only because they both win. The skeleton hands lend their own bit of balance to a brutal look, like the elegance of a decorative bit somewhere on a brutal knife, but, at the same time, those bold, face-slappin' hands just go with the ruthless beastiness of the design, which has its own solid appeal. Possibly only the final ensemble will reveal all, but, either can work very well, I think.

I think the hands get lost...the dial graphic overwhelms the watch (jMO)...not sure how to proceed...you'll make it work Brad.

Back
Top Bottom