Ginault Ocean Rover II-Who should buy and who shouldn’t.

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
All the controversy still surrounding the brand

Jan 29, 2020

AGF-l79vLhKCdRUf311ljMC7zmTxbuCzbZtsgfVmdQ=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

WatchReport.com

Yep, I decided to review the latest version of the Ginault Ocean Rover amongst all the controversy still surrounding the brand. I didn’t realize the video was so long till I was editing it all together, but I cover a lot. Yes, many have shied away from promoting this company, but we do not promote, we review.

https://www.watchreport.com/ginault-...ii-the-review/

I am fully aware of what Ginault has been accused of, and why most have promised to never cover the brand again. That is all well and good, and every site and channel should do as they please. Same thing with Watchreport. For a while last year, I thought about doing the same. When Ginault reached out to ask about reviewing the Ocean Rover II, I initially declined. After I pondered it a bit though, I asked myself why. I have always been upfront with my thoughts on the brand and the controversy and even after reading that blog last year, it didn’t change my mind on the watch or the company. I never backed Ginault as far as their claims-I called them out on it quite a few times. Now, let’s be clear. I called them out not because of my thinking they were made in China, but because of the lack of transparency with the company. When you start to dig into that though, that brings up many other brands and the lack of transparency though, and it makes you start to question lots of things.

Ginault Ocean Rover II Specifications:
  • 40mm pre-ceramic style case, chamfered lugs, no holes (hand finished)
  • High-gloss enamel dial, forged applied indices (hand assembled)
  • Beveled sword hour/minute hands, custom Ginault red-second hand
  • Sellita SW200-1/ETA 2824-2, 5 positions 6-week regulated
  • Ceramic insert, engraved, 60min full graduation, lume pip at 12 o’clock (if you prefer the classic look, aluminum inserts seen on our OR-1 can be mounted upon request)
  • Gen II bezel assembly, structurally redesigned for the most amazing turning and tactile feedback, the outer ring is slightly re-profiled with slightly deeper and sharper teeth for a better grip
  • Triple-layer, optometry grade (clear coating, no blue-hue) anti-reflective sapphire
  • Gen II 94530G bracelet, tighter mid-link tolerance, slightly re-profiled clasp for enhanced comfort and durability, 3 x 3 permanent link design allows a perfect fit even for the slender wrist.
  • Pricing: Once available on site, $1499 (no date) and $1699 (date)
https://ginault.com/

20180313-94530G-Bracelet-Mobile.jpg

26756894_834795370026825_5516214450351774722_o.jpg

22382172_783917928447903_8820820925297353354_o.jpg

181175LSILN-Lume-Hero.jpg

Thanks for posting this up, Mike.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom