• I don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sota0003

Tyme Master
Founding Member
He's almost done. I had a specific type of hand I wanted so hopefully he was able to source them. They are a super wide sword hand that's skeletonized so you can still see the dial. Like the photo below but a light color or lumed... I wasn't sure I'd like his logo as the 8 but I actually do and am proud to rep his brand. I'm pretty pleased with the negative engraving. Looking good so far. What say you??

CCF10852-B50D-4114-AADB-6B7AB94B7DFC by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

E3D3C092-FFDD-4E5D-9924-846CB72645BD by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

87CB79A1-F70F-431D-8BE0-E8DC0B95656F by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

s-l400.jpg

Dang it!!!! I just noticed that the little pips 4 o’clock and 1 o’clock have some pretty good gouges on them. Hopefully he’s gonna take care of that before he tries to send it off because that won’t be acceptable. I sent him an email about it so we’ll see what happens. They weren’t there in the photos of the rough cut so I’m kind of concerned

Looking extremely good Brad and can't wait to see the finished product. I sure those nicks will be corrected!

Wow...just WOW! I gotta TELL you that this is one H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks of a watch, one that I would certainly be VERY proud to wear (hint, HINT!)!! As an aside, the only problem I foresee with the "8" logo is that it was once Renato's "thing" to have the 8 position filled with that digit, even if all the others were arrowheads, pips or whatever. I don't know if they trademarked the 8 or not, but I thought I'd better mention it to you. In the meantime, like everyone else, I eagerly await the arrival of the finished product, though I doubt that no one is even NEAR the excitement level that YOU are! Anyhow, thanks for sharing, and have a SAFE week, mon ami!

Good thoughts. I’ll have to take a look. The logo at the 8 o’clock position is the trademark of ideapixel. Thanks for the info my friend

I thought about it some more and I think even if that PIP or both tips are welded in it would be fairly easy to drill them back out and refinish that portion. I can’t imagine that’s a difficult fix for the guy since he’s so skilled with the tools but little frustrating just because we’ve been at it a while now LOL #firstworldproblems

u took the post off my finger BRAD...1st world problems...and there is that about turning every challenge into an opportunity... i mean what " technique " can make it better than before...? imagination is the limit...finish strong

Back
Top Bottom