Green Machine!

2manywatches

Tyme Machine
So, I had some purchases to finish out from last year, before embarking on my “saving up for something” plan in 2020, and it was a good carryover to soothe any pangs resulting from upcoming plans of abstinence, haha.

Blame it on my green Sumo perhaps, but last year I became a bit fascinated with the idea of green on the wrist. So, that was one factor for this watch.

Second factor was taking my brother’s Subaqua Reserve GMT in for a battery change, and realizing just how much I like the design! It was early in my watch buying years that I came across various Subaqua Reserve models I really liked – in fact, before even discovering the SAN line-ups.

But, a Reserve GMT was something I did not have, and I had, in fact, years back looked to get one similar to my brother’s (one I gifted him, long ago) but they were, at that time, sold out so, it’s a model I still wanted to find.

Third factor, I love my SANIII on abalone, and really wanted another abalone watch.

So, those were all the loose bolts rattling around in my head, when I went online, looking for a Subaqua Reserve GMT (I kind of want to “finish out” Invicta models I had passed on buying, in previous years, having now found that discontinued or “rare” models can still be found) and, lo and behold, I did not find one! Instead, painting a target around where the arrow landed, I found this similar Subaqua Reserve, in green and black, with a very sharp green abalone dial!

Green, Subaqua Reserve, abalone….enough said.

eJkEJNr.jpg

nLZCzeg.jpg

Now, this wasn’t easy. There were exactly TWO, and that was it. One was brand new, but wayyyyy more than I’d ever spend on a ‘Victer, and the other was much less, being claimed to be new. Or, well, it was stated that he’d worn it once, to get it sized.

I’ve never bought a watch that doesn’t come brand new, but, we had good communication on the sale, and I took a shot at it.

On arrival, a scratch! A pox upon me, a scratch! And, yes, it was all I could see, a scratch I hadn’t put there, that wasn’t supposed to be there….

I intended to return it, but, here’s how great watch folks can be – we determined it had most likely happened during the sizing, after which he simply hadn’t worn it, and hadn’t noticed it. We shared a bunch of great watch hobby talk back and forth and I realized it felt good to buy this watch from him. He even kindly refunded me a bit of what I’d spent, and everyone was happy!

And, blabbering shall now cease, in favor of pics:

sdvEO6a.jpg

Specs: 52mm case, ubiquitous Swiss “parts” Z60 quartz with date, day subdial, 30 minute chronograph, 500m WR, Flame Fusion crystal, useless lume, multilink design bracelet and just the prettiest darn abalone I ever did see!

1U9TuaE.jpg

yZ3eRG7.jpg

There was also a green and blue model available (only one), but this green and black really stood out to me and it’s a delight, on the wrist. The green abalone within the green housing is a site to behold.

6EKaKJ0.jpg

wbDGxNU.jpg

As a model with which I’m familiar and pleased, this was an easy win, and I personally find the color scheme to be quite strikingly handsome.

hHtMS2f.jpg

lxZkiUJ.jpg

eIEjOPS.jpg

I’ve always liked the complexity of these, in the build, with a lot of little details adding up to create an exciting design – at least for my taste.

So, this was the first arrival for 2020, and a good one!

A few more are on the way!

:happy::happy::happy:

Thanks for reading!

short story long... green sumo is the dao of green fresh water clam... my kingdom for a scratch ( TRANSLATION: u gezzunderred small refund for a scratch )

- i understand most of your horo palaver... I'm scared...joking... enjoy the journey

What a great color combo...not sure I remember seeing that one...I like that case design and have one in what I call "arctic" on white leather...I'll now be on the lookout for one like yours :good:

Invic1d567d237ea85f831.md.jpg

The Green orient is just mesmerizing to view, holy cow!!! Love MOP too.

Do people have a tendency to dump on you?
Does your group have more cavities than theirs?
Do all the hippies seem to get the jump on you?
Do you sleep alone when other sleep in pairs?
Well there's no need to complain,
We'll eliminate your pain
We can neutralize your brain
You'll feel just fine
Now
Buy a big bright green pleasure machine
Do figures of authority just shoot you down?
Is life within the business world a drag?
Did your boss just mention that you'd better shop around
To find yourself a more productive bag?
Are you worried and distressed?
Can't seem to get no rest?
Put our product to the test
You'll feel just fine
Now
You better hurry up and order one
Our limited supply is very nearly gone
Do you nervously await the blows of cruel fate?
Do your checks bounce higher than a rubber ball?
Are you worried 'cause your girlfriend's just a little late?
Are you looking for a way to chuck it all?
We can end your daily strife
At a reasonable price
You've seen it advertised in Life
You'll feel just fine
Now

Sorry, yes, should have gotten a shot, haha, considering the story. I'll try to remember to post one.

It's actually on the bezel, the section above the 12 position. The reason I didn't see it in the eBay photos was, as in my pics, in certain lighting it's really not seen (plus his shots were somewhat blurry), due to the dark green finish (which is part of why I kept it, considering how much I like the watch, and that it's a rare one), but, under certain lighting, it's there, a squiggle of sorts.

These generally have tough finishes, so, not even sure how it happened. I've had door jamb smacking incidents with a number of models, without damage. I'm thinking it was a tool that scraped it, during the re-size of the bracelet.

Seller suggested trying to polish it out, but I wasn't sure of what that would do? Under some lighting, that section is weirdly almost darker than the rest of the bezel too, so I don't know if someone already had a go at it.

Thanks RW -- sent me down a great rabbit hole of S&G tunes.

"The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls, and tenement halls..."

Back
Top Bottom