Forum Update Complete

WatchSteve

Tyme Master Jr.
Staff member
Founder
Wanted to let eveyone know I'll have to take the forum down for the next update. The update is a big one. We'll probably be down for several hours, at least that is how long it has taken in update test runs.

You will not notice any real changes. The main difference you will see is emojis from phones will show on the forum and you will have the same phone emojis available for post. Most of the update is internal, which includes a database conversion. (That's the biggest part). This update will bring us up to date with language and the newest security protocols.

I think I will attempt the update sometime on Friday, January 24th. I will post an announcement ahead of time to give you heads up before I take it offline and I'll post the time taken down in the message you receive when the forum is unavailable so you will have an idea when to expect us back online. I am estimating about 3 hours to complete.

giphy.gif

Items included in this update:

Emoji Support

Emoji are similar to vBulletin's smilie functionality but are implemented via standard font characters instead of using images. This allows over 1500 different emoji to be used. Emoji can be selected from a panel in the Richtext Editor or by automatic lookup when the user is typing.
fetch

fetch

Drag and Drop Uploads

You can now drag and drop allowed files within the editor window. This will give users more control over images uploaded to their content. To use this feature, you simply need to drag the attachments over the editor and drop them on the attachment panel. If the attachment panel is not open during the drag, it will automatically open.

fetch

Thanks again for all the support and enjoy! ?

Back
Top Bottom