What does this USPS message mean?

Locoboy5150

Tyme Machine
I have a package arriving from overseas and on the USPS tracking website it says the following:

January 10, 2020, 10:27 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 10:27 am on January 10, 2020.

That has been the last message on the tracking website since 1-10-20. Does that mean that the package is stuck in US customs or has it cleared that step and is on its way out of New York? It is a large package with audio equipment inside so I'm not surprised that it is it taking a long time to arrive at my door.

If anyone knows what the above message means, please let me know since I've never had an international package come through New York before. Previously, all my overseas packages came through San Francisco.

I have a package arriving from overseas and on the USPS tracking website it says the following:

That has been the last message on the tracking website since 1-10-20. Does that mean that the package is stuck in US customs or has it cleared that step and is on its way out of New York? It is a large package with audio equipment inside so I'm not surprised that it is it taking a long time to arrive at my door.

If anyone knows what the above message means, please let me know since I've never had an international package come through New York before. Previously, all my overseas packages came through San Francisco.

It means it hasn't cleared customs. It should move faster when it does. On its way to the local post office distribution hub. From there they should send it to your local office for delivery to you.

From a friend that works at the USPS, they told me all that means is your package has been scanned, nothing more. USPS has no control over it and it is in the hands of Customs. It could remain there for many days before released by Customs. Customs can deny a package entry for any reason and until the status updates beyond ISC the USPS does not have possesion of the package and it is not moving.

Steve is correct. . :hmm: Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 10:27 am on January 10, 2020.

The next scan should be from USPS distribution center. USPS once told me this stuff can sit in truck or yard until the truck makes it into the dock for the next scan. That could be a possibility and why you haven't seen any new scans yet. I've had packages sit in limbo for a few weeks after it cleared customs with no other scans.

Like Steve says the Intenational Service Center NY is just the entry point for international mail destined for the Northeast...they have received your package...they are NOT Customs and Customs picks and chooses what they want to inspect, so it could be being held pending inspection by Customs...be patient, you should receive an update once it enters/clears Customs or is moved on to the the next processing facility.

I've waited quite a few days for updates on packages coming from overseas once I got the message you are talking about.

OK, thanks guys for the real scoop. I was hoping that since the message said that it "processed through facility" that that meant that it was out of New York and headed to me out west - NOPE! So...time to sit back, be patient, and wait.

7c5304e4863cc1d5045c0d7686a109cb.jpeg

My package finally arrived yesterday, 1-27-20. :happy: It was originally sent on 12-16-19. It arrived in fantastic condition though so, though it was a long 42 day wait, it was worth it in the end. US Customs did not open the package for inspection at all. It just sat, sat, and sat again somewhere collecting dust.

Glad to hear it...patience is a virtue, especially when getting shipments from overseas...as you mentioned, I'm surprised it went thru NY rather than the west coast. Enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom