The watch that almost wasn't!

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
I ordered this Ingersoll Apsley Automatic Watch a few weeks ago on Mass Drop and they shipped it on Friday by Fed Ex but it was supposed to be handed off to the USPS. I come home for an event I was at and saw a box jammed between my doors. No clue what it could be because it's Sunday. I dropped off my neighbor a plate of food from the event came back down the stairs to catch a little MAGGOT just about to open the storm door and probably take off with the package. When he saw me step off the stairs he did the fastest U turn I ever saw. I walked out and stared him down so he knew I got a good look at him. Anyways lucky I got home when I did another 30 seconds and I never would have known a package was left because Fed Ex never scanned it or sent me a notification. So back to the actual watch. This was offered on Mass Drop for a low price of 95 bucks shipped, I think I had a $10.00 credit for some reason because it was 99 bucks and free shipping but they charge tax now or I would have gotten it for $89.00! So far from the over all initial unboxing and inspection I have to say it's a lot of watch for what I paid and I do not have an Ingersoll in my collection. Love the box it came in as well usually I store the box and just put a watch in a display box but this box will stay and I'll keep it in it. The warranty card must be made from stainless because it's heavy sharpen the edges and it could be a weapon! LOL

Untitled-11.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-9.jpg
    Untitled-9.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
Very cool watch and box...FedEx is the worst...they never knock or ring the door bell...I'm lucky I live off the beaten path where the porch pirate epidemic has yet to reach.

Uggh, porch thieves, the WORST!!! Truly inhuman. Very glad you evil-eyed the vermin before disaster.

That's a gorgeous piece of furniture, housing a fantastically great looking watch!

CONGRATS!!!

Uggh, porch thieves, the WORST!!! Truly inhuman. Very glad you evil-eyed the vermin before disaster.

That's a gorgeous piece of furniture, housing a fantastically great looking watch!

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks, Today Fed Ex dropped two more items off, just tossed them on the ground while my neighbor upstairs was talking to my next door neighbor. She called me to tell me how they just threw the boxes on the ground didn't knock or even open the storm door just left them on the public walkway. I have a Fed Ex account and it's set to send notifications by text to my phone of every time it's scanned from pick up thru delivery. They never sent me the notice they were even delivered or were out for delivery. If my neighbor wasn't there I would imagine it is possible these would have disappeared as well. I think the kid that as about to scoff this package is a new neighbors kid two or three doors down from me. I'll be watching this one!

Thanks, Today Fed Ex dropped two more items off, just tossed them on the ground while my neighbor upstairs was talking to my next door neighbor. She called me to tell me how they just threw the boxes on the ground didn't knock or even open the storm door just left them on the public walkway. I have a Fed Ex account and it's set to send notifications by text to my phone of every time it's scanned from pick up thru delivery. They never sent me the notice they were even delivered or were out for delivery. If my neighbor wasn't there I would imagine it is possible these would have disappeared as well. I think the kid that as about to scoff this package is a new neighbors kid two or three doors down from me. I'll be watching this one!

Good grief, that's seriously dismal service! I've had times of no notification, and coming to the office Monday morning to find boxes outside, soaking wet from sitting in the rain all weekend. Not stolen, at least, but have had to file some claims for ruined goods.

It's been a toss up for me on which shipping outfit will ever be reliable. LOL, I've seen UPS skip delivery entirely by sticking pre-written door notices on a building, and not even enter the building or use the intercom to try to deliver to anyone. Sometimes a package doesn't require signature, and they won't deliver if I wasn't there to sign, other times something DID need a signature, and they just left it somewhere.

Zero logic to the hits and misses. Worst has been Amazon switching to private carriers (read, anyone with a car), who can be beyond useless.

Back
Top Bottom