wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
?

medium800.jpg
?

medium800.jpg
?

Submitted for your approval, on your Stateside Saturday, this rather unusually-shaped wristwatch by Hamilton, a modern remake (in quartz) of their late 1950's/early 1960's "electrical" watch, which was run by a battery but NOT equipped with quartz crystals... It was/is called the "Ventura."

wg1cTle.jpg

This particular "Ventura" is equipped with a NOS silver & black leather strap, which really brings out its mid-century styling.

MViVRUG.jpg

Although smaller than many of today's behemoth timepieces, it still holds its own on my 7.9" wrist...

NXGKqx2.jpg

0jVs7md.jpg

Shown here with its black & gold cousin, which also graces my much-loved collezioni...

The original "Ventura" used the current of its batteries to provide the basic vibrations upon which time could be measured. One of the biggest fans of the old "Ventura" was Rod Serling, who wore his Hammy "Ventie" faithfully during the filiming of his groundbreaking television series, "The Twilight Zone." I like to think it inspired him when he was creating some of his most eerie & troubling visions of the future, some of which seem to have come true, here & there...

:hurry:

Have an amazing Saturday, mes amies!!

Back
Top Bottom