Aragon Mystery Box

bigz

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
So, I haven't made any purchases in a long while but impulsively decided to treat myself with a small Christmas gift to myself. I purchased a mystery box from Aragon. This was the middle priced offering. The anticipation equaled that of any gift. When I opened it I was completely blown away. Mostly because I could not believe how much the choice made for me in the mystery box was so spot on. It is a color combo I have looked at in models and I had always considered the Bio-luminescence models too. I'm not really sure what model it is specifically because it seems to be a mashup of the older (Android) Biolume case bracelet and bezel with the current (Aragon) dial and NH35 movement. It is marked as model A044 on the case back. I would be curious to your thoughts on the origins of it. Either way, I do love. The lume on it is crazy-strong. Here are some quick cell pics.

Congrats on the new watch. I'm glad the "mystery box" chance paid off with something you like.

While on a trip to New York City, Wing and his family visited the American Museum of Natural History and saw an exhibit on bioluminescence: the production of light by living creatures. The “glow in the dark” displays inspired Wing to create a watch with Superluminova highlights on the dial, hands, bezel, and bracelet.

:cool:Is that the new Biolume Auto?:time:

Nice grab BigZ!:outstand:

Last edited:
:outstand:A big congratulations, BigZ!:up::applaud:

I wholly concur with your evaluation regarding the origin of and parts used for this watch; they DO look like the original "Bioluminescence" models prior to Wing's corporate name change. And what a gorgeous, slick/smooth body-bezel-dial mix-up it IS, mon ami! CONGRATULATIONS on your acquisition of this remarkable wrist-ticker! It has certainly led ME to want to check out these boîtes mystère in future Wing-sponsored offerings! And, for those of you who actually & regularly correspond with the Wingmeister in these Hallowed WIT Halls, I would love to see if he might be willing to share exactly what these mysterious pieces/parts truly ARE... So whadd'ya say, 'o Friends of His Winggedness? :wink:

Looks like my "mystery" as to the origins of my purchase have been answered. Thanks to dontavoidthedroid for giving me a heads up and then seeing the post from Lee that Wing is launching his new Bioluminescence today at noon. I feel special for getting one pre launch. That was fun. Thanks Wing.

I thought about taking a chance on a mystery box hoping for a great outcome like yours, congrats, you scored a winner. As for me I can now live vicariously through you, thanks for sharing your experience.

Congrats man! Awesome that you got the new watch before it is even out. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone. I have been admiring it every day since it was delivered. Another super watch from Wing!

Your Mystery Box sure paid off and wear in best WIT health! A cool shade of Blue too.

Back
Top Bottom