Invicta is possibly the most hated watch brand in the world and maybe that's fair because of some of their designs and questionable marketing

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
NH35, 42mm case, 22mm lugs/ #27629

Jan 14, 2020

AGF-l79eSPNNHJxabJzmVDaxAqp061gAuNspossXhQ=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Watch On

Invicta is possibly the most hated watch brand in the world and maybe that's fair because of some of their designs and questionable marketing. But how about the Pro Diver? Is it really as bad as the haters say? In this video I give you my full review and opinion.

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/invicta

https://www.ashford.com/us/watches/i..._IN-27629&so=1

IN-27629_FXA.jpg
81UfhevV41L._AC_UL1500_.jpg
$895.00
$69.99
–$821.25
$73.75
FEATURES
Date
CASE
Material:Stainless Steel
Width:42 mm without crown
Water Resistance:200 m (660 feet)
Crystal:Mineral Crystal
Thickness:15 mm
Case Back:See Through Case Back
DIAL
Attributes:Sunburst Effect and Luminescent
Color:Black
BEZEL
Attributes:Unidirectional Rotating
MOVEMENT
Type:Mechanical Automatic (Self-Winding)
Caliber:NH35A
Crown:Screw-Down Crown
BAND
Band Type:Strap
Band Material:Canvas
Band Color:Brown
Width:22 mm
Length:8.5 inches
ADDITIONAL DETAILS
UPC:886678330973
:banghead: I'm not sure how to get the Ashford link to go directly to the product page. this is the only site the links go to the splash page.:think:
What's the trick Lee?
Retail $895.00
Ashford Price $69.99
You Save –$821.25
SALE $73.75
:up: I like the Ashford price better than the "sale" price.

giphy.gif

If this is what hated is like, sure is having a good time at it. :hmm:

I'm with Mike...

"If this is what hated is like, sure is having a good time at it."

Designs can be awful...and their pricing is just...well you know...unless you just arrived on the planet you know how that works...

Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head to buy an Invicta...I have my share...nuff said.

Invicta has something for Just about everybody....or maybe I should say they used to! The early Reserve line was very nice. Some of the Pro Diver's are great. I actually have the watch that was reviewed. The Nato is an absolute P.O.S., Total throw away. The watch however is great, especially for the $54.oo I paid for it on ebay.

WHO HATES INVICTA?

Here we go again. I have been collecting (buying) Invicta watches for the last 11 years. Having something near 400 now, I will continue to buy them because I like them. I size my own watches, change the batteries, and clean the crystals. I don't believe I have ever asked anyone for a loan to buy Invicta, Andriod or Aragon watches. With all the watch companies, there must be something for everyone. From WatchGeeks to here, this is one subject that someone seem to always raise. But why? Let everyone enjoy whatever watches they enjoy. I am certain that Invicta is a much larger watch company now than it was when I started buying them. They must be doing something right because consumers are continue to buy them.

Some members have stopped using this site because they can no longer enjoy the camaraderie with other Invicta owners because of the constant negativity of some users here. I take the view that if I can not contribute something positive, I will not say anything.

I've never had to take a loan out to buy any watch brand in my collection and I have a lot more than those three mentioned above. I've also never purchased a watch that claimed to have one movement in it, only to find another. I see Scantor showing off his Invicta watches all of the time. I guess he must have thicker skin. I'm always sorry to see someone like PG leave, but that was his choice. I miss his unique sense of humor. I see Seiko critics here, but yet no Seiko owners stop using the forum.

:banghead: I'm not sure how to get the Ashford link to go directly to the product page. this is the only site the links go to the splash page.:think:
What's the trick Lee?

Yep those ashford links have been screwed up quite awhile.:mad:

I’ve been googling the model number and using the google link then shortening it like this:

Invicta Pro Diver Black Men's Watch - IN-27629$73.75Ashford.comFor most items:30-day return policy

Invicta Pro Diver Black Men's Watch - IN-27629

or use the ashford.com link after googling, where you can compare prices in google like this:

Visit site

or this:

Ashford.com

All the above I posted should take you direct to the watch landing page.:hat:

Last edited:
I still own some 75 to 100 of them. I also will critique things as it's just my opinion. This is a forum of opinions. People can choose to stay or go that's their willful choice. There is an ignore function that can be used. if someone doesn't like others opinions. Me I like to hear what people have to say whether I agree or not, or choose to ignore or not, like or not, discuss further or not is a reason why I like this place and always have.

I have several Invictas in my modest collection. I bought a few, the rest were gifts. I've always said I have no problem with the watches - they are what they are. It's the ownership that I don't care for. I just think there is a severe shortage of integrity within this company. But they sell many watches to many people, and make a lotta money. I guess that's all that matters.

I think most people are just angry at the misleading tactics they have used. Wrong movements, wrong dial material (the sandstone fiasco) and the wrong country of origin. People can like or dislike designs but outright lying is usually, universally frowned upon. I am an original WG member and I have firsthand experience with these issues. I don't hate the watches, I own a few, I just don't give them a pass for what they have done.

K...I was just going to say...it didn't start out that way really (Thanks Mike :wink:)

I'll be honest...there are some watches that felllow WITS post that I would never buy...but that's not the point...the "Buy and wear what you like" mantra holds true...as does the fact that 99% of the time no one notices or cares what you are wearing on your wrist, unless it's an Iguana.

il_570xN.1934413241_30t5.jpg

We like it here because it's a no judgement zone and a place to satisfy your watch jones no matter the brand or price...

:cheers:

Why should you Eric? You like what you like. I bought a few last year myself, but as others have mentioned it's the business and sale tactics. Certain words or topics make some Invicta fans hair stand on end. (An arched back, along with the fur standing on end throughout the whole body means that a cat is frightened, angry, or has been startled. ... When a cat feels threatened. The fur may also stand up in a ridge along the spine, sometimes ending in a puff of erect fur at the base of the tail)

I've said this before, but I credit Invicta/ShopNBC for getting me into watch collecting. I currently only have 1 Invicta in my collection. I don't hate Invicta, I just moved my collection into areas that Invicta doesn't focus in. I now only buy 40mm, I absolutely demand sapphire crystals with A/R, ceramic/sapphire bezels, superluminova, and high beat automatic movements. For the same reason, I don't buy Seiko's, at least Invicta is moderately priced.

Currently, most of my purchases are from micro-brands as I get the premium components I demand and they are moderately priced. As of today, I have pre-orders pending from Zelos, Axios, Borealis, and Cincinnati Watch Co..

Back
Top Bottom