Glycine no.1 purist

dorothyparker

Tyme Traveler
It was a long hunt, but I got this a couple of weeks ago. When Invicta bought out Glycine, I had one of these in my cart at either Ashford or Joma when they were clearing them out. Then I had a thought, a bad one, I thought that I would be able to get a better deal on a used one when the mass sale was over. I only saw a few for sale at a decent price after that and I was always late in being able to get one. Well, this was a decent price and the guy said he hardly wore it so I grabbed it. It is like new, it was well taken care of.
The reasons I like the pre Invicta are; the bezel markings, automatique instead of automatic on the dial, the hour markers at all 24hr marks and the triangles at the 24 and 12.
My 36mm Glycine no.1
49285459127_4f4d02812b_z.jpg

Here is a post Invicta to show the subtle differences between the two.
49210226753_b547222698_z.jpg

I’m pretty happy I got one, I’ve been looking for almost two years.

I was in much the same position when I was looking to get my Glycine Combat Six Diver, with black face, brown bezel and a beautiful, butter soft tan strap. I hemmed and hawed, until the new-old-stock ran out (@Jomashop), and I just wasn't able to pull the pin and throw the grenade (I'm tired of "pull the trigger, and am going with the more destructive 'grenade' metaphor). Ultimately, I took a swim in the Fee Bay, and pulled out a 'previously owned' version of the exact "6" I was looking for, and paid a pretty decent $225. Smacks for it. I'd say it was about 95% out of a hundred condition-wise, so, like you, I feel I got a good deal.

I really really like the look of your 'Airman,' as it's a classic -- or 'classique,' perhaps? :wink: -- design, one that is destined to make any airman, young or ancient, love this watch. Soooo, after having said all of that, CONGRATULATIONS on this awesome pick-up, one that proves the old adage that great things are worth waiting for...enjoy it for many years to come!!

ANOS almost new old stock...some good DNA there... would luv to rock me 36mm american flieger...looks good and understood your horo lingua franca

strap lays nice...lugs look jacked 22mm/42mm case to my eye...like a dress flieger...officer pilot in this strap configuration... i like it like it as is and would not be running for NATO cloth mod but would ride the cow leather

ANOS almost new old stock...some good DNA there... would luv to rock me 36mm american flieger...looks good and understood your horo lingua franca

Your strap comment was under Rogers comment and I couldn’t figure out how to reply to it, but here is the strap. It came with a Glycine nato and a Glycine leather strap, I chose this though. I picked it up off Drop a while ago.
49210209753_7451f200ca_z.jpg

luv your svelte black cow mod DP...u dressed it up imho...not sure why the OEM aint resonating with me...congrats..enjoyed the ride on your air man...happy new year

Back
Top Bottom