Black Friday at H2O (This BLACK FRIDAY sale will end on 12/06/2019) Kalmar 8000m price stll Active as of (12/22/19 @ 13:50)

E4iwX0.jpg

The link on the 8000m isn’t working - was going to order that yesterday to go along with the quartz 6000m that I ordered. Oh well - in the meantime will enjoy my 10 Mile. Look forward to your pics of the 8000m Mike and your thoughts on that bezel remover.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/153670238@N03/z2g2Nx

I just tried it Rob. https://www.h2o-watch.com/checkout/c...gure/id/47127/

Working for me. I added one to the cart. Mine left FedEx in Newark NJ late and did not arrive at my hub until after 10:30 am. The courier left for my route area by the time it arrived. They have it scheduled for 12/26/19 now. I don't blame them. I would want an early start to make deliveries as well. They are probably getting hammered today.

I just tried it Rob. https://www.h2o-watch.com/checkout/c...gure/id/47127/

Working for me. I added one to the cart. Mine left FedEx in Newark NJ late and did not arrive at my hub until after 10:30 am. The courier left for my route area by the time it arrived. They have it scheduled for 12/26/19 now. I don't blame them. I would want an early start to make deliveries as well. They are probably getting hammered today.

I get a message “Quote Item Is Not Found” when I click on link - maybe it works for you being logged into your account? In any event it’s probably for the best that I do not add at this time.

Just arrived a little while ago and took a few quick phone photos. This thing is a beast Rob. I really like it and can see why you are so tempted to grab another one. The titanium is brushed and looks like SS and it should match up with my H20 bracelet well.

hoa8Z1.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
dzXgja.jpg

hoa8Z1.jpg

Wfl0HQ.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Mike - looks awesome! Love that grade 5 titanium, that huge crystal, the gloss black dial, cool bezel and killer lume. Looks fantastic on the orange isofrane. Thanks for the pics and taking the time to post the link. I have the watch in my cart - just waiting to see if I can pull the trigger when I get home from traveling (with holidays and upcoming bills , need to see, but would love to pick this up and crawl into the NBZ). Excellent value with the Black Friday pricing and having the Isofrane and bezel removal tool. I like it with the lumed bezel and orange minute hand and orange second hand (mine that I sold did not have those features). Enjoy that bad boy!

Here are a few more photos Rob. I stopped before putting the bracelet on. One of the screw bars somehow became rounded out on the inside of hex head. I tried to order some more from Clemens, but they are OS. I figured it made no sense trying to use it. I know I could get it together, but I did not feel like having to drill it out if the thing would not turn. I liked the old system better with one solid bar. These have the one tiny screw and the long one. It's the long one that is rounded out. I was being careful too. The metal must be really soft. No biggie. I'll buy a bunch when they come back in stock at $10.00 a pop. I also noticed the minute and sweep hand are not orange. If that was the main reason for you ordering I guess you can save the money because you already have one. It's not a big deal for me because I only have the one, but the orange would have been my preference.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If the hands were changed or different it would have been nice to get a heads-up in case someone really wanted the orange hands. I picked up the Hirsch Robby strap with anticipation of receiving the orange sweep & minute hands. I could have saved the hundred bucks, but it will get used. The 8000m font on the dial is still in orange, so at least that pops.

Bright gloss-orange ‘8000M’ text makes a bold statement about the watch’s incredible depth-rating while echoing the color of the prominent minute hand. All hands and markers are filled with BGW9 SLN.

SPECIFICATIONS:
CASE MATERIAL: Titanium Grade 5
CASE BACK: Closed Titanium Grade 5 Case Back
CASE DIAMETER: 42.50mm
CASE LENGTH: 53.40mm
BEZEL DIAMETER: 44.00mm
LUG WIDTH: 24mm
CASE HEIGHT: 21.60mm
CRYSTAL HEIGHT: 8.25mm
WEIGHT: 116g watch case / 194g with bracelet (sized to 18cm/7" wrist)
WR: 8000M
CROWN: 8mm screw down type
DIAL: OceanicTime Special Edition / high glossy black with SWISS Super-LumiNova BGW9
HANDSET: Hour chromed / Minute orange / second chromed+orange
MOVEMENT: SWISS ETA 2824, Automatic, 28.800 bph, Power Reserve 42h, Hacking Second
OPTIONAL ACC: Titanium Grade 5 bracelet

I saw someone post on WatchRecon an 8000m and like you Mike there was no orange accents for the hands (and theirs arrived with a scratch on the case). I wonder if demand was high and Clemens ran out of orange hands? If that was the case, he should have emailed to see if regular hands were acceptable or whether customer wanted to wait for orange minute and orange tipped second hands to be back in stock. The 8000m looks fantastic even without the orange pop in the hands, but having a couple H2O titanium watches already in the 10 Mile and 6,000m, I’m glad I didn’t pull the trigger because I would have been disappointed without the orange hands for differentiation.

I saw someone post on WatchRecon an 8000m and like you Mike there was no orange accents for the hands (and theirs arrived with a scratch on the case). I wonder if demand was high and Clemens ran out of orange hands? If that was the case, he should have emailed to see if regular hands were acceptable or whether customer wanted to wait for orange minute and orange tipped second hands to be back in stock. The 8000m looks fantastic even without the orange pop in the hands, but having a couple H2O titanium watches already in the 10 Mile and 6,000m, I’m glad I didn’t pull the trigger because I would have been disappointed without the orange hands for differentiation.

I agree Rob. I would have gladly waited. Fortunately, there are no scratches, but the hex heads are rounded out on my lug bars. I just ordered four lug bar screws from Clemens. I wasn't sure if the price was for one or they came in sets so I ordered four @ $10.00 each. It was $55.91 converted from euro with the $10.00 S&H.

I kind of doubt it was a case of supply and demand. How many of them could he have sold? IMO because of the height and crystal these will have very limited appeal compared to the average size watch. Not to mention the time of year with Xmas and all. That probably put the brakes on buying for some as well.

I was tempted to try some of these Panerai style spring bars, but wasn't sure if they would work. Clemens just e-mailed me saying he had them back in stock. I'm still waiting to hear why the hands were different.

panerai_spring_bar.jpg

These spring bars are made to replace the screw bars found in many Panerai Luminor models. If you have a Luminor and want to replace the screw bars with spring bars for easier strap changing, or find the screw threads are stripped and will no longer tighten properly, these are ideal. Please note – these spring bars are only suitable for Panerai Luminor watches using the screw bar strap attachment system. Each pack comprises of two spring bars.

https://www.watchgecko.com/spring-ba...anerai-watches

prung loaded springbar for Panerai Watches. This is a set of replacement 2.6mm diameter spring loaded spring bars (2 pieces) to suit the fixing of watch straps to Panerai watches.

Panerai Case Size / Tube Size

40mm / 22mm 44mm / 24mm 47mm / 26mm

These spring bars have a machined slot in one of the ends so they look like the original threaded screw bar that is normally fitted, but with the convenience of a standard spring bar, please select the appropriate size for your watch.

Please contact us for further help

Panerai is a registered trademark belonging to Officine Panerai A.G.
Please note that this product is an aftermarket compatible item, neither manufactured or endorsed by Officine Panerai A.G.

spring-bars-1.jpg

KR Buckley posted the one he received. So far everyone that I have seen from the BF sale have the white hands. Notice the inside of the hex heads. The finish is flaking off. I had the same thing happen to me when I was trying to fit the bars through the H20 leather strap with orange stitching that came in the 8000m kit.:dunno: The bar was really tight getting into the hole on the H20 leather strap.

81644243_1580889085383588_8922848661143027712_o.jpg

81943057_1580888815383615_411092927880626176_o.jpg

cxNZg8P.jpg

YCErbBZ.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who is looking for a good alternative for the screw bars for their H20 Kalmar 2 I found a great option that will work on straps, but is too thick to pass through the end link bar on the bracelet. I found out how fragile the heads of the OEM bars are and I was being very careful. I did buy four extra bars from Clemens the cost was a little over $55.00 USD (10 x 4 bars + S&H) I was bouncing around trying these beforehand, but figured I still wanted to have the OEM bars. Panatime and others sell them in pairs of two for about $8 to $10.00 a pair. I found a seller who sold eight packs for $17.95 which includes S&H(with $1.08 tax it came to $19.03). I'm posting the information here because when I tried to find alternatives that would make strap changing a breeze with the drilled lugs I came up empty. I'll use the Panarai spring bars for strap changes. I think they may also work on my NFW and a few other brands that use 24mm screw bars in the lugs, but I've never had any issues with any other brand. The ones in the Kalmar 2 were actually the first ones I've ever had issues with and I hope the last.

https://panatime.com/spring-screws-for-panerai/

Are you tired of using a screwdriver each time you want to change the band on your Panerai Luminor? Well look no further! These innovative Spring Screws look like a screw and function like a spring bar! The tip of each spring screw is designed to look exactly like a screw, and fit perfectly into the lug of a Panerai Watch. Simply use a spring bar tool to press on the screw tip and the spring screw compresses to release the watch band (just like a spring bar!).

Tip: Leave your spring screws inside your straps for extremely fast strap changing!

Stainless Steel Spring Screws for Panerai

-Looks like a screw, Functions like a spring bar - No Tubes or Screws Necessary

-Set of Two (2) Spring Screws

-High Quality Stainless Steel

-Strong and Durable

https://www.watchgecko.com/spring-ba...anerai-watches

These spring bars have a machined slot in one of the ends so they look like the original threaded screw bar that is normally fitted, but with the convenience of a standard spring bar, please select the appropriate size for your watch.

xHQ7sC.jpg

:pdown: The photo below shows a brand new bar from H20 and you can see how poorly they are machined and the material must be super fragile. :dunno:I used it once after receiving the new ones from Clemens.

wxCaIX.jpg

alm4v0.jpg

imc9De.jpg

WXZlp8.jpg

u6jaMu.jpg

Photos show the two different bars. The six O'clock side is the OEM & twelve O'clock side is using the Panerai spring bars. :pdown:

S67OxF.jpg

Below is the name of the seller I picked up the eight pack from. I used eBay

Ewatchparts & wholesaleoutlet990 are the same seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-CUSTOM-SP...-/170757922916

https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Spring.../dp/B07F919W4Y

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom