Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member
:think: I can’t tell the Difference...

Can You? :happy:

236030abd52cb80db91332ec1bb84614.jpg

View attachment 724674

The person asking this question must have dementia.
giphy.gif
Work for Invicta or both. :hmm:

One the back is nicer than the front and would be a thing of beauty worn upside down, the other the back looks like crap.

5711_1A_010_8.jpg

If this continues than may qualify as Beating a Dead Horse ... .

Header-Just-Good-Meat.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Header-Just-Good-Meat.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	665039
Nothing wrong with beating some dead horse meat.

Sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a dead horse
And I don't know why you'd be bringin' me down
I'd like to think that our love's worth a tad more
It may sound funny but you'd think by now
I'd be smilin'
I guess some things never change
Never change

I like the Akula way better

I agree wit Brad:yes:

However, if you are not an Invicter Lover & You just cannot swing the $$$100k for the Patek,

Then the Deals Master can hook you up too:

Men's Wrist Watches ROCOS Automatic Mechanical Watch for Men Waterproof Analog Watch with Genuine Leather Skeleton Luxury Classic Elegant Gift#R0139
ROCOS Automatic Mechanical Watch R0139

4.3 out of 5 stars 80
$189.98$189.98
FREE Delivery Sun, Dec 29

4b0a192c-339f-47db-ad0c-075156db681c.__CR0,0,970,300_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

62e7edf9-4bb9-40bd-92bb-2b2ed82e4c43.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
Luxury Men's Dress Watch

Between a circle and a rectangle. With its pure lines, supremely elegant, its strong lines, timeless style, and geometric simplicity are a contemporary interpretation of the art deco style that is not round. With its pure lines, supremely elegant.

Horizontal embossed blue dial features white baton hands and hour markers with luminescent coating, glowing in the night. Date window at 3 o'clock.

With the rounded octagonal shape of its bezel, simple and clean, but far from bowing to fashion, this innovative watch had a sense of inner harmony that was very pleasing to the eye.

Automatic mechanical movement with over 110 individual intricately moving parts and 20 jeweled movements, featuring with exhibition case back which is self-winding with the motion of your arm, or it can be wound by the crown to provide it energy, doesn’t need battery.

7689db0b-81fa-4b25-8737-741451e27975.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
Automatic Watch's Maintenance:

When using for the first time, please manually wind up the crown 20 laps to keep it working well. (Note: Please manually wind it up first for each use.)

Mechanical watches need to be worn 8 hours a day to get enough watch to keep working well, if you wear less, please manually wind it up by rotating the crown.

Please make sure to set date calendar between 6:00 and 9:00(the watch hands point at 6:00-9:00), prevent the movement from being damaged.

Waterproof to 3ATM (30m) in general, withstanding rain and water of the splashes, not suitable for bathing, swimming or diving.
Specification:

Movement: Automatic self-wind

Window: Synthetic mineral mirror
Material:

Case material: Stainless steel

Band material: Solid stainless steel

Band clasp: Fold-over Buckle
Size:

Case diameter: 40 MM

Case thickness: 12 MM

Band width: 26 MM

Last edited:
interesting...this thread has been up approaching 2 weeks and i read it and my finger had nothing to say ... but upon reflection

we have a premiere grail appropriate imho for a man earning a third of a million dollars a year

and a homage affordable by a worker earning minimum wage

what does it all mean MR NATURAL ?

i guess my finger still has nothing to say..happy new year wits...and good health and good fortune

This is the subjective line between homage and rip-off. The old joke is that homage is when you copy someone else; a rip-off is when someone else copies you.

interesting...this thread has been up approaching 2 weeks and i read it and my finger had nothing to say ... but upon reflection

we have a premiere grail appropriate imho for a man earning a third of a million dollars a year

and a homage affordable by a worker earning minimum wage

what does it all mean MR NATURAL ?

i guess my finger still has nothing to say..happy new year wits...and good health and good fortune

giphy.gif
The guy who has nothing to say and has five lines in the post. :hmm:

keep-calm-you-won-the-boobie-prize.png

Yeah my gold lamee cape and my sequined suit
Pompadou haircut and my high-heeled boots
Imitating Elvis is the only way
I can make it through my imitation day
It's the next ... best thing

any chance to bash the I brand I guess....

smh... if anything is beating a dead horse its that.

obviously Lee posts this in gest but I enjoy actually looking at design evolution.

The Patek is a professed attempt to make a piece to compete with the Royal Oak by AP. And so many brands have jumped into this design language its silly. Most of course don't get bashed for it. But besides the cheap Chinese copies, and the Invicta.

Hublot's whole design language is based off the AP RO.
Maurice LaCroix
Gerrard Perrigaux
Piaget
one could even argue the Zenith Defy and VC Overseas share similar design language.

fashion brands like Michael Kors and Ferragamo, Maserati, etc.

I guess its more interesting to me that we don't talk that must about it. Everyone talks about Submariner copies but with the Royal Oak thing its more like "hey that Gerard Genta was really influential."

any chance to bash the I brand I guess....

smh... if anything is beating a dead horse its that.

I guess its more interesting to me that we don't talk that much about it. Everyone talks about Submariner copies but with the Royal Oak thing its more like "hey that Gerard Genta was really influential."

It's more like not talking about the 800 lb dead horse in the room...

There is a disdain for "replica" watches...a tolerance for and liking "homage" watches...

Build quality, components, materials aside...Is it OK to take a brand design, make a couple minor changes and market that? Is it better that you make a replica of a design and put a different or no logo on it?

No judgement from me, but you bring up an interesting point.

Back
Top Bottom