ANOTHER Long-Sought-After Watch is MINE; Yep, After Much Searching, Looking & Yes, Whining...

Congrats man! I remember you looking for this. Glad you finally got one nailed down. Enjoy it sir.

Many thanks, Rog; it's one of MY faves, also! These are the Crotons that really make me miss "Da Merm!"

Beauty of a watch, epic deal, plus an inspirational story to follow our dreams! Thank you, Sir, for another fine entry into your collection. Congrats on chasing down one on the list! That's a very satisfying feeling.

And, such a great design, both chunky and almost aggressive with the "knuckle duster" of a bezel, yet elegant and refined dial work that's ultra classy. I can see why you kept on keeping on, until you found one to bring home!

:up::up::up:

That's a true looker. I have a buddy that has this one and the green if I remember correctly. He never ever wears them and I keep trying to buy them to pass on to the WIT's here but he always says no....yet they sit in a box and he doesn't even know where they are in his house when he moved......oy vey

Always liked this model almost bought the quartz one with rubber strap on their web page for $99.00 but I really would prefer an all stainless model. I saw one in a pawn shop and the guy was asking over $700.00. It was preowned but never worn all the plastic was still on it and it did have the blue dial I love but $700.00! Big NO!

Thanks, Michael! It was a rather LONG chase, with the occasional pineapple Vortex being offered for $399 -- and no offers accepted! -- and even one for $749.99, which I'm pretty sure didn't sell, but when you wait long enough, what you want comes along. This one has a couple issues, but at $99, I expected nothing less. The good news is that these issues are very minor and easily fixed. And I can't help but chuckle when I look down at my wrist and see that lovely pineapple face staring back at me...

OY-VEY is right! The Semi-Horological-Hoarder-Syndrome hits us all at one time or another, but we keep on keeping those watches because, well, we JUST MIGHT wear it/them someday...I've caught myself acting that way a time or two, but if it comes down to keeping a certain watch at the expense of someone who really WANTS it AND would actually WEAR it? DANG, but I hope I don't get to THAT point...!

Yeah, I'm with you there! I have seen SEVERAL blue ones on feeBay, of late, the cheapest for $99 smacks, and the most expensive for $174.99. BOTH looked very good, with very little wear and tear. Like you, I also have a quartz version, with black rubber strap and grey dial. I bought it mainly for the very cool "coin" on the case-back, with the "Vortex" name and tri-hurricane logo; well, THAT, and it's a very sharp looking watch... At any rate, if blue's your color, they're OUT THERE, mon ami! Keep looking!!

Yeah, I miss those days, too! "The Merm" was a ton of fun to watch, and how can you NOT like a guy whose yarmulkes match the color of suit he's wearing! (And I wonder if he's got a pineapple yarmulke!) It was a fun era, before all the hate became so fashionable...

Back
Top Bottom