??Prayers please

wambo

Tyme Master Jr.
Staff member
Founding Member
I was working this weekend, so I was very busy, then my 84 yr mother had a hemorrhagic stroke, fell, fractured her skull and had a worse hemorrhage. She lives almost 400 miles away and I was ready to drive there, but my brothers said she did respond to some commands with her left side. She's intubated, but takes breaths on her own, so there is still hope for her. So please keep Helen Morgan in your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks,
Bill

Hoping nothing but the best for you and your family. Probably not many are better equipped to deal with such a situation as someone in your profession. Lost my folks at this time off year 2 and 4 years ago and it's still on my mind most days so I can sympathize with your situation and can only offer you that whatever happens you are who you are because of your family and keep them close and hopefully a good outcome will arrive for you all. So sorry for the very hard news.

Thanks you all. She's a tough woman, but there is a lot of blood and brain swelling. Still, she did follow some commands, although she is heavily sedated, and she does breath mostly on her own. It's a matter of what deficits will stay, I suppose. Still, thoughts and prayers and definitely appreciated. Maybe the big guy upstairs will let us keep for a while.

So sorry, Bill. I see this almost daily in the hospital. As soon as the bleed is stable, request PT orders. We can work with her, even on a vent, and push that neuroplasticity. :pray:

God bless your mother Bill and keep looking up. Keep us informed when you get news

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family. Wishing for a positive outcome.

I am so sorry to read this I know what its like to worry for love ones of any age … I pray she be returned to you and your family in full health.

Back
Top Bottom