ANOTHER TJMaxx Find, & THIS Time It's A BIG'N!

Great deal @ the Max! Ox red is killa! It is big, a big deal that is. Looks good on your wrist MJ. I always love the satire you add with your glorious pics. Enjoy!! :cheers:

Merci beaucoup, mon ami martien! And thank you most of all for liking my somewhat satirical stammerings, sir! And I LOVE the name "Ox Blood"...it's soooo MEDIEVIL!! FWAA-HAAA-HAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAH!!!

LOVE IT AND THE DEAL!!!! I love finding watches like this at TJ Maxx! I would have snapped this up for less than $50.00 without even thinking about it. 60mm a big big for me but for the price who cares. LOL I'll bet it was a return, someone bought it as a gift and it was just too big. Of course I know all the girls at the TJ Maxx stores near me and they all say the BIG Invicta's get returned because of the size 90% of the time. Of course they all know if there is any of them marked down low to text me and they will put it aside fro me if I am interested. A couple weeks after Christmas is when these deals pop up the most and when they start marking down left overs. My watch budget is low this month because I was sick for the whole month but not a big deal because this year there are no sales or watches that I am interested in Except a Batman mech bridge (ghost) watch at one of the TJs that is $80.00 but not being a huge fan of comics it's not low enough for me to pull the trigger.

Thank you, John! And it's awesome that you have that kind of relationship with your local TJGirls! It seems that, out here, on the waste coast, it seems they don't stick around long enough to become a good source for me...but hope springs eternal!

You know, Rog, I THOUGHT I saw those two at my favoritest Maxx, out in Menifee, off the I-215, the other day! DANG, they looked JUST LIKE THAT!! Thanx, bro!!

yeah bumping door jambs, banging glass counters, i remember wearing the big ones and doing all that and it bothered me in the least except for my concern for the TZ of the precious watch...i.e.

i was under the haze of reducing cognitive dissonance... drinking the kool-aid...you seem more aware of your foibles & follies in real tyme ... I needed hind-site goggles for analysis LOL..but enjoyed the ride

there should be a different superlative for this version of the watch. It simply can't be a grand diver at that size. It must be a colossus, a leviathan.

congrats on your biggun.

Wow! Good ON you for doing what you could to lessen the stress over there. I always go out of my way to be as nice and patient as possible, because you just never know who their last customer was, and what that person might've done to them. MY first job was as a busboy at Marie Callenders, and WE were almost ALWAYS treated one of two ways: we were either totally invisible, or we were treated like a personal servant. I didn't care much for either, but it my first REAL job, and the pay + tips didn't suck too bad for a 15 year-old kid.

I'm glad you're feeling better, and are slowly climbing back into the saddle! And, OBTW, I'M ALSO a big fan of Home Goods; sometimes they get the most amazing decorations for the major holidays, and its always a lot of fun trooping around in there. In the meantime, enjoy your wellness, but don't over-do it for a while, as those things always catch up with you!

Yeppers, I done heared ye...it's almost like escaping from some sort of mutant Amish watch-snob cult, and just trying to build a home for yourself in a new place, one that's safe and well lighted, and none of the thrown rocks ever make it over the fence to hit you...ah, but there's eyes 'n ears EVER-where, dag-nabbit, ScottyB!

EXACTLY! I could not agree more! And, likewise, those 38mm versions they're selling as options for those who don't want the 47mm size should NOT be called Grand Diver. I dunno, perhaps we could call those "Baby Grand Divers," as a nod to its diminutive size AND the presence of Dyver Dan on the end links and dial face. The 60mm could be called the "Deluxe Grand Diver," again as a nod to all those Dan's everywhere on the doggoned thing. Or perhaps "Mutant Ninja Grand Diver" might do the trick, as Eyal has SOMEthing of a sense of humor about his watches, when he's not dealing with snapped rubber straps, whose strength he was showing with his many manly man muscles and hair gel. But I digress...

Maybe we orta have an in-house contest to re-name the 38mm & 60mm virgin- er, VERSIONS of the Grand Diver...

Hmm, Baby Grand Diver, Grand Diver, Super Grand Diver?! That is surely well beyond Grand, and could not be on the wrist of a grander guy! Outstanding presentation as always, and a joy to read.

And, fifty bucks?! That's more than a deal -- an outright steal! The grandest of congrats to you!

Stunning color, and, yes, Ox Blood is the best descriptor for a beast of such behemothness.

And may I say you wear it perfectly. Sits there like it was made for your wrist, and I must state further that it inspires me to seek out a Super Grand Diver in the future. While my Grand Octane was a bit too much grandness for me, at 63mm, that one there looks tidy and well proportioned at a "mere" 60mm, and it is certainly wrist presence that is mighty fine!

And, door jambs? Door jambs be damned! That rampaging Grand Ox will bust a door jamb to pieces!

A beautiful buy there! :up::up::up:

Merci beaucoup mon ami! As always, you're very kind, sir, though I, in truth, am starting to wonder if I'm simply an enabler in sheep's clothing! Nonetheless, I will certainly try to live up to the very kind things you've said about me. In any case, 2many, you're a stand-up guy, and I'm very glad you chose to come to us @WIT...IT'S a stand-up place for stand-up guys!

Back
Top Bottom