No Regrets?

bundamania

Tyme Twister
27110.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	27110.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	660353

This is one of mine, lost an auction by $20 and still could have had it in like new condition for under $500 with no tax about a year ago. :dunno: My others would be not getting more of the Sunday Run and like giveaways. Got any regrets of your own... like selling one you wish you hadn't? :hmm:
BTW Happy Holidays To All. :dance:

My only watch regret is being too obsessed with the "watch size must match wrist size" rule that the watch community has. I passed up on some great watches that are now collectible and way out of my price range because I followed that stupid rule when I was younger.

Plenty of my Android and Invicta watches. They seldom if ever get worn. I could have smoked and pissed the money away, so I still have them as a reminder into the mouth of madness.

giphy.gif

yeah collectible cases of yore were misplaced in the depths of the fitty crisis... now I get a hoot from the size which lasted from 1940-1980

My regrets are letting some great watches of the past that were in the 40mm to 45mm size range pass by while I got hooked on 50mm Invicta's and Androids and such for a number of years. Passed on some crazy auto chrono deals back then because at the time I thought I'd love 50mm plus watches forever. Now I'm back to a more modest size watch and blew so many great opportunities and have tons of what are becoming glorified paper weights in my collection. Even being a bigger guy I reach for the big watches less and less.

Regret a few impulse buys from back in my WG days. Purchased way to many 50mm watches...what was I thinking. Seriously though, I regret not keeping my Zixen collection. At one point I had 7 and like an idiot I sold them all. I guess that is part of the journey.

ok...well after belting out a show tune ( i regret nothing ) i regret selling my ZIXEN...and all the other tools I fingered but parted with... it's like a dream to see the hundreds float around ... a lot of them I liked and could love again...it's been an interesting journey...and even though with hind sight and fore sight maybe some decisions would be different...it's the journey...and the ride is like a magic carpet with room only for me

Because I'm not a big guy, I let my larger watches go years ago. Today, I'm getting ready to start selling 42mm watches, a size I thought I would stay at, but I am currently at 40mm, so the 42mm will be sold. I'm sure I will be regretting that move.

Regrets? Not really. There are a couple I've sold where I'd like to still have them but I sold them mostly cause they were too heavy for me to wear. So (for example) while I would still like to have Bolt Zeus, I can't wear it for too long anyway.

I had a chance to purchase a brand new, full warranty Breitling transcocean unitimer for under $4k once (it retails for over 11k) a watch I had always held as a grail, but just didn't have the moola to do it at the time.

I guess there are a few I wish I still had but they were sold chasing other things I liked better. I'm glad I sold them to get something I liked better but some sure were nice but had to go for funding

Back
Top Bottom