Waldhoff Tourbillon Watches

Very impressive indeed! Thanks for posting this up, Steve.:hat:

Elshan Tang

I have seen the project, it's a really low quality Chinese tourbillon that could be made for below $250. A lot of false claims to be honest.

This is a prime example of what Elshan was talking about.:oops:

Elshan Tang:

I'm planning on a Halo model for the Zelos lineup to be done sometime next year.

This model is meant to be a low volume piece with a high price range of $3000-5000USD. Its meant to showcase the capabilities of the brand and push it beyond our current range. Perhaps even beyond what is being offered at that price range by the Swiss.

The movement will be a big part of this too and will also determine the price. There are options from the more affordable end: ETA 2982 Top grade, decorated etc. Or the high end such as a Swiss made tourbillon from Vaucher (they supply Richard Mille, AP, Hermes etc). The ETA 6498 also gives some interesting customization options with skeletonization or perhaps the way time is displayed.

I definitely know the 'Zelos' brand isn't going to be worth the money. But the idea is to offer a fantastic movement/complication/design/materials that you wouldn't find in a watch double or even triple the price. For 5k you'd get a base 3-hand Omega/Rolex, but what if you could get a micro-rotor or 8 day movement for example?

Example: Diver with Swiss tourbillon movement, bronze case and 3000m WR

Did a few protos of the HH and H2 with the base 3 hand Vaucher but I think it lacks a bit of the 'wow' factor :)

The lowest price for that would be $13-15k USD using the Vaucher tourbillons. Halo is not meant to be the best for numbers but created to show off new developments and capabilities of the brand.

I'll be on the lookout for materials! I do have something being made similar to Damascus/Timascus too. That's another goal of this model actually, to challenge this perception and prove that a micro is able to produce something worthy of that price range.

Vaucher can make any high end movement from a simple 3 hand to micro rotors, perpetuals or tourbillons, at a price though :)

I definitely would want a timascus model, huge fan of this metal and it is the first time its been used in a watch case. I like the idea of sapphires for indices, maybe sapphire dials even?

A full gold case with a simple eta movement will cost 5-10k already though, so it might not be the best value in terms of watchmaking. Might do 1-2 gold pieces for the heck of it!

I do have a couple of concepts in mind. The tourbillon is just given as an example, but might be cool! ETA's are a bit too common and pedestrian though, but with certain mods it could be interesting.

Definitely no plans to head upwards in terms of pricing! In fact the Swordfish is a downward move :) I would want this Halo model to offer the same value in terms of specs and movements, just at a higher range.

I have seen the project, it's a really low quality Chinese tourbillon that could be made for below $250. A lot of false claims to be honest.

I definitely won’t plan on making many, probably below 50 or even 10 if it’s a tourbillon. (Swiss Vaucher tourbillon). Might be tough to include a prestigious movement for under $2500, but more exotic materials are in the works!

It's from late December 2018 on through early this year Steve.

As far as the watch in the video. IMO it's not bad for $800.00, but I don't dig all of the hype that goes along with it. You would think they invented the wheel or something. It is basically just a Chinese-made Peacock 5212 tourbillon power reserve/sun & moon movement

I guess that's why he said there would only be ten made if a tourbillon. Would probably be relatively expensive in comparison to his usual stuff.

Back
Top Bottom