FYI sellers using Paypal, they are applying their fees to BUYER TAX also

bobbyd

Tyme Twister
I was reviewing an ebay sale on paypal this evening. We all know ebay started charging tax to recipients in specific states in October. This already poses an issue for auctions, as some buyers mathematically challenged won't know actual price until after they win auction. And for sellers as well, since the price of their product is now less competitive after adding the tax...

But the tax the buyer pays now becomes part of the paypal transaction, and hence is subject to their 2.9% fees.

May not be an issue for many, but the money will add up and is impossible to account for beforehand due to not knowing if your buyer will be paying tax, and at what percentage.

If your transaction was $1000, and buyer paid 10% tax, you will be docked an additional $2.90. Again, not breaking the bank per transaction, but if you sell regularly, especially at small margins, this will add up over time:down:

well of course BOBBYD should make the max flip coin--

but stepping back tax on net transactions good imho...not a fanboy of hollowed out dead main street empty stores and malls

Each to his own. I prefer online shopping. Quicker and much more efficient, and I only have to deal with one moron at a time.

Back
Top Bottom